Field Sales Representative - New York/New Jersey
Vermont Smoke & CureApply for this Job
We are seeking a high-performing Field Sales Representative based in the New York/New Jersey area who brings significant ambition, strong sales abilities, and desire to contribute to a winning team.
This position requires a self-motivated, organized, energetic, and creative person. The Field Sales Representative will work with key accounts in their assigned territory to achieve sales and merchandising objectives in individual grocery chains, independents, natural and specialty food stores and major national accounts. This individual will also be responsible for maintaining and developing sales in these accounts to meet and exceed sales goals and customer satisfaction. They will also work closely with the Sales leadership team and with other team members to implement a sales growth strategy.
- Develop assigned region of existing business by gaining new points of distribution, shelving, and merchandising at grocery chains, independents, natural and specialty food stores and major national accounts.
- Sell creative displays in prime locations within stores to maximize sales and brand awareness.
- Data driven: utilize data to provide recommendations that drive action at store and regional level.
- Educate store personnel on proper and effective merchandising:
- Proper shelf management positions.
- Rack, equipment, and POS placements.
- Participate in product launches and store resets.
- Complete store surveys at the end of each store visit.
- Respond to customer requests quickly and professionally.
- Coordinate opportunistic demos and store events supporting Brand Ambassadors in markets where applicable.
- Available to work some weekend or evenings during special promotions and/or customer events.
- Report on growth, expansion, or closing of doors in assigned territory.
- Visit other retailers who are not customers to observe and report on competitive displays and pricing.
- Accept responsibility for the organizational goals by taking ownership of new and different duties and identifying new sales opportunities.
- Conduct brand training with 3rd party merchandising vendors, distributors and brokers and conduct regular ride-alongs to audit activity.
- Deliver “perfect shelf:” close voids and secure secondary placements in conjunction with 3rd party vendors.
- 2-3 Years of sales experience; food or CPG experience preferred.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Creative presentation/public speaking and premium selling skills are a must.
- Passionate and creative approach to expanding business.
- Ability to formulate strategy and execute against them. Plan, do, check, act.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Professional demeanor in working with coworkers, distributors, retail reps and consumers.
- Must be willing to travel daily within key territory; has a valid driver's license.
- Occasional travel to trade shows.
- Occasional travel to other markets for blitzes when needed.
- Must be able to use basic features in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point).
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Active position requiring standing, lifting/moving, and set up of supplies.
- Frequent travel.
Vermont Smoke & Cure employees and teams are committed to social and environmental goals which are determined on a yearly basis. Goals for 2016 include targets for reducing intensity of energy use, solid waste generation and water use.
Vermont Smoke & Cure is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
About Vermont Smoke & Cure
Vermont Smoke & Cure creates better meat for all by partnering with our suppliers, local farmers, and customers to increase access to the best tasting, healthy, responsibly sourced meats. At Vermont Smoke & Cure, we’ve been consciously crafting delicious smoked meats and meat snacks since 1962. We use responsibly sourced meats and simple ingredients.
Our team of employee-owners makes everything in our Smokehouse right here in the hills of Vermont. We pride ourselves on being a good neighbor and valuable partner to our customers. This is simply the way we do business – and the beauty is, it all combines to create the finest flavor in every bite.