Ska Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
It takes characters to brew beer with character, and we at Ska Brewing Co. have been doing that since 1995. Our award-winning craft brewing roots are firmly planted in Durango, Colorado, where we work hard and play harder. Our community-minded organization does all it can to give back to the town we love.
About the Job
In this position, you will have direct, hands-on responsibility for producing quality Ska Brewing beer in a safe manner.
- All aspects of brewhouse operation and wort production including but not limited to
Milling, mashing, lautering, and wort boiling
- Safe and efficient transfer of wort to fermentation vessels
- Routine troubleshooting and maintenance
- Maintaining cleanliness and sanitation of all equipment and work areas
- Monitor and record process times, temperatures, gravities and pH levels
- Collection of sterile samples for lab analysis
- Maintain a safe and compliant work environment
- Assist in inventory management
- Assist in safety compliance and QA/QC
- Follow all operational procedures set forth by Ska Brewing Company, its subsidiaries and anyone else we deem worthy and authoritative
- Knowledgeable in safe brewing practices
Our Ideal Candidate
o Must be at least 21 years of age
o A minimum of 2 years of professional experience brewing on a commercial system (Experience or working knowledge of 25bbl or larger brewhouse is preferred)
o Formal brewery training and/or certification with strong mechanical ability is required
o Self-directed and work effectively independently
o Organized, detail-oriented and attentive to quality and standards
o Flexible, accommodating, confident, team-oriented and self-reliant
o Must be able & willing to work morning, midday, overnight and/or weekend shifts
o Must be able to endure long hours on feet
o Must work well in wet conditions and hot or cold environments
o Must work safely in a fast-paced industrial setting
o Must be in good physical condition and able to maneuver in confined spaces
o Able to lift 55 lbs. and move at least 165 lbs., and work in extreme hot and cold environments
o Excellent time management, prioritization, and task scheduling skills
Ska Brewing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, rewarding work environment and
growth for committed team members.
If you are interested and your skills fit our needs, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with 'Brewer - BB' in the subject line.