Ace DistributingApply for Job
The role of the Sales Manager will inspire and develop a dedicated team of Account Managers in Lancaster County and lead a territory to be the best of the best. Driven by a culture of collaboration, the Sales Manager will create market-leading strategies to deliver head-turning promotional programs.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as Sales Manager, you will be part of our success by:
• Developing and implementing strategies to achieve sales goals, market share, and market growth strategies
• Utilizing key information from multiple sources to analyze and identify root causes of issues to remove barriers to achieve sales goals
• Aligning with customer teams and leading the sales team to execute plans that deliver profitable sales, distribution, and display goals across all categories
• Actively developing our customers through negotiating programs to better facilitate sales at store level
• Recruiting, hiring, and training Account Managers, and ensuring that Account Managers are executing company goals on how a sales call should be executed
• Being out in the trade on a daily basis, monitoring team actions and execution
• Conducting formal coaching sessions on an ongoing basis and holding the team accountable to achieve goals through gap plan setting and employee development
• Monitoring retail Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including sales volume, unsalables, returns and refusals through insights and reporting and partnering with account teams to drive business
• Leading weekly sales team meetings to communicate promotional activity, new product introductions, and developing gap plans and other training, as required
• Working closely with the Marketing Manager to build small local promotions to boost product sales in their territories • Must comply with other duties as assigned by supervisor
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a strong desire to learn and succeed in this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• Graduate of high school or GED equivalent.
• Experience with leading and coaching teams in a complex environment
• Related experience in a sales environment or sales operations
• Experience selling in the consumer packaged goods/beverage arena
• High computer skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
• Work collaboratively across the organization and share best practices.
• Lead by example and adhere to Company standards & Ace Values.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• College graduate in related field
• 1-2 years of route sales experience
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Working conditions may also include an office environment with controlled temperature, frequently required to walk, sit, talk, hear, use hands and fingers to operate office equipment and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to balance, stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Occasionally this job requires an employee to walk into the warehouse. The warehouse is not heated or cooled with the exception of the cooler where the temperature is maintained between 32 and 40 degrees. The warehouse can also be very loud due to vehicles and fork lifts running. The employee may be exposed to exhaust fumes while in the warehouse.
• The job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties as assigned, might be part of the job. This job description does not constitute an employment contract; the employment relationship between Ace Distributing and the employee is an at-will relationship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.