Rochester Mills Production BreweryApply for this Job
SUMMARY: Rochester Mills Production Brewery is searching for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, goal-oriented beer enthusiast to join our sales team. As a Rochester Mills Sales Representative and Regional Brand Ambassador, you will be responsible for promoting the Rochester Mills beer portfolio, building and maintaining relationships with distributors and on-premise and off-premise accounts, developing new business and growing existing accounts, maximizing POS exposure, and providing reports of work accomplished on a weekly basis.
PRIMARY AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Greater Detroit Area with a focus on Ann Arbor, Plymouth, and Novi.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with distributors in your assigned territory.
• Assume a leadership role in understanding, developing, and implementing key brewery initiatives with distributors and retailers in your area.
• Conduct in-field sales in partnership with distributor representatives.
• Build, manage, and communicate business plans and forecasts with distributor partners including brands, pricing, timing, volume, support materials and any other information that will lead to successful execution in the market.
• Coordinate product and point of sale dissemination to ensure achieving brewery goals.
• Review and communicate sales data and market insights relevant to distributor partners.
• Attend selected festivals and events such as, but not limited to, brewery tours, retail tastings, promotional events, and major festivals in your area and throughout the state of Michigan.
• Develop and conduct on-going training programs with distributors, retailers, and consumers on all aspects of Rochester Mills’ products.
• Review and understand all legal restrictions regarding Brewery product in each market and ensure all initiatives are executed within those limitations.
• Maintain and update distributor contact information regularly.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred and minimum of two years beverage sales experience (brewery or distributor experience preferred).
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and a reliable automobile.
- Willingness to work flexible and extended hours as needed (including evenings and weekends)
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office, VIP and social networking
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated knowledge of the three-tier system.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top-level account decision makers, and all internal team members.
• Ability to analyze and translate market data.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision – self-motivated.
• High level of craft beer product knowledge.
• Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills.
• Strong organizational & planning skills.
• Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are absolutely necessary
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move cases of beer and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers
• The ability to travel to various industry events via car or airplane is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: At Rochester Mills, we like to have fun, but we take our beer very seriously. If you want to work in a rewarding environment, where the customer always comes first, where your opinion matters and you can do what you love, this is the place for you.
Rochester Mills Beer Company was established in 1998 and has been consistently ranked and is currently the top beer-producing brewpub in Michigan. Based on that success and demand for their beer beyond the pub, Rochester Mills Production Brewery opened in 2012 in Auburn Hills, MI to brew and distribute the award-winning beers of Rochester Mills, including its flagship brand Milkshake Stout, and add selections of their own creation to their growing portfolio of craft beers. The production brewery is now one of the largest micro-breweries in Michigan and continues to grow at a steady pace.