Beer Specialist-North San Diego, CA
Wine WarehouseApply for this Job
Family-owned Distributor of Fine Wine, Craft Beer and premium spirits seeking a full-time Beer Specialist for the following area(s):
South San Diego, CA
- Field work, both with the sales associates and independently, as determined by management.
- Events planning and coordination in conjunction with associates, Sales management and Specialty Beer & Beverages management.
- Assists associates and management in effectively utilizing point of sale materials.
- Trains associates in product knowledge and portfolio management.
- Assists Regional Managers in Supplier relations through ride withs, program management, information dispersal, and during product seminars presentations
- Maintains ongoing contact with key customers in the Region: makes ongoing, scheduled sales calls with key customers for the purpose of presenting and placing new items, selling key program items, selling special focus items, limited availability items, special seasonal items, new draft programs and new brand launches.
- Provides strategic support in draft service
- May be assigned individual accounts on a commission or non-commission basis at the discretion of the Company.
- Clears all planned special events with the Specialty Beer & Beverages management.
- Responsible for primary coordination of events for the Region as approved by Division management.
- Provides weekly report to Beer Manager with a copy to the Regional Manager of all activities, schedules, ride with results, direct sales placements, new accounts opened, and any other information as requested by the Beer Manager or the Company.
- Conducts a minimum of (1) session per month, scheduled by the Regional Manager, for the purpose of training sales associates in product knowledge and sales techniques.
- All Regional Specialists may be required to spend time in the office assisting with the organization and maintenance of point of sale materials, draft equipment, etc.
- Minimum of 2-4 years progressive sales experience preferably in the beverage industry
- Four-year college degree or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of beer styles, production methods and countries of origin.
- Strong business, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make a strong business case without “over-selling”
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Residing within a 10-15 miles radius of the territory is preferable
- Servicing accounts (8-10) daily, requiring driving and getting in and out of the vehicle
- Must be able to walk, bend, reach, and lift 50 pounds or more
- Building displays of product sold in store, cutting cases of product
- Repetitive bending, kneeling, stooping, and occasional climbing is required