Area Sales Manager (Midwest, North Atlantic, Mid Atlantic)
MatchaBarApply for this Job
MatchaBar is growing FAST, and our team is expanding. We are looking for multiple Area Sales Managers to join our team and represent us in the Midwest, MidAtlantic, and North Atlantic regional markets. These leadership positions would be responsible for the management of our key accounts focused in the respective areas! This includes opening new business, creating relationships with buyers, managing our brand ambassador program, opening new doors, and increasing the exciting growth we have experienced in the natural food channel.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and hungry individuals looking for an opportunity to join a sales team that is growing quickly, and rolling out into new markets! Here at MatchaBar we believe in a simple value: Good Things Come Those Who Hustle. Simply put, we are looking for someone who is ready to embrace the hustle, and join our cause to continue our mission to bring matcha to the people! This individual must be confident, hardworking, and flexible with hours!
Compensation: 50 - 60K plus Bonus, Vehicle Allowance, Healthcare
- Managing major retail accounts (Whole Foods Market, etc.)
- Managing our brand ambassador program (sampling at retailers such as Whole Foods). Hiring & training the brand ambassador team, and effectively reporting on their performance to the Director of East Sales.
- Gaining additional placement within accounts, including off-shelf promotional displays and extra facings for our product line.
- Work directly with our local DSD distributor on the ground, supporting and managing key accounts.
- Opening new accounts, increasing our reach in key cities and throughout the region.
- Manage our direct sales business, including Food Service.
- Working under our Sales director in the East to create monthly and quarterly goals within the region.
- Work with sales team to manage promotions, giveaways, and sales budget.
- Work with our brand ambassadors to drive sales at key accounts.
- Work with Marketing teams to enhance in-store promotions.
- Create relationships with buyers at a store level.
- 1 years sales/merchandising experience with a comparable company in the natural foods space. [If you do not meet this requirement and believe you are still qualified for the position, please address this and explain why in your cover letter.]
- Proficient skills: presentations, negotiation, communication, organization, team building, reporting.
- College degree
- Understanding of the matcha space, and a passion for furthering the "Better Energy" movement!
- Interest in the matcha category, and the booming energy space!
MatchaBar is a matcha tea company founded by brothers Max & Graham Fortgang based in Brooklyn, New York. MatchaBar opened its flagship - the country's first specialty matcha cafe - in Williamsburg, Brooklyn in 2014. In the Fall of 2015, MatchaBar Manhattan opened its doors!
Shortly after, the team announced the launch of a RTD bottled product - bringing to market the world's first ceremonial grade bottled matcha. MatchaBar is currently distributed by Doras Natural, and UNFI throughout the North East and West Coast markets.
And almost three years later, with two additional cafe locations set to open in Los Angeles, the MatchaFam prepares for a national roll-out of their bottled product! All the while, the brothers remain on a simple mission: to bring matcha to the people, sharing what they believe to be a better energy with the world around them!
Our Mission: To Bring Matcha To The People
Our Values: Good Things Come To Those Who Hustle.
Do we believe in Karma? Magic? Santa Claus?
We're not quite sure, but we do believe in the hustle. It's the backbone of our business, and is responsible for MatchaBar's very existence! The hustle is about going above and beyond to get the job done. Our community, the MatchaFam, defines itself by just this -- hard work, passion, and a sense of purpose.