National Sales Director - Natural & Conventional
Blue Moose of BoulderApply for this Job
REPORTS TO: President
START DATE: January 2018
ABOUT BLUE MOOSE OF BOULDER: We hand-craft hummus, pesto, salsa and artisanal cheese spreads in small batches, with tasty all natural ingredients, and not a single preservative or cut corner whatsoever. We’re proudly born in Boulder, CO and on a mission to make snacking better! Blue Moose of Boulder products are available across Natural, Conventional, Club and Online channels, and sold in key retailers such as: Whole Foods Market, Kroger, Safeway, Publix, Costco, AmazonFresh and more.
POSITION SUMMARY: The National Sales Director is responsible for growing the Blue Moose of Boulder hoofprint at current and new retailers across the country. This position is tasked with delivering profitable sales results, which include: engaging our broker network, creating successful promotional plans, and expanding distribution through our current partners (KeHE, UNFI, etc.). The National Sales Director also participates in the innovation process, championing account led ideas and needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes the go-to-market strategy for Blue Moose of Boulder in the Natural & Conventional channels nationwide:
- Drives sales in current footprint
- Expands into new regions at national banners: Whole Foods Market, Kroger, Safeway, etc.
- Grows footprint of regional chains through our distribution network: KeHE, UNFI, etc.
- Builds sustainable, long term, relationships with our retailer partners
- Improves execution of: distribution, promotional plans, forecasts and channel strategies
- Runs monthly broker meetings to provide updates on Blue Moose of Boulder and gain insight into regional divisions; responsible for training brokers on sales presentations, product specs, pricing and terms
- Builds a seamless connection internally with Finance to track and manage promotional spending and accrual funds to maximize return on investment; drives profitable volume for trade spend levels
- Assures a high level of customer service by handling customer concerns and follow-up in a proactive manner
- Works to help coordinate, as well as participate, in trade shows (ex: Expo West, IDDBA, Fancy Foods, as well as distributor shows)
- Provides merchandising and demo assistance in store; creates advocates for our brand
- Passionately embraces Blue Moose of Boulder’s brand image and models the Company’s culture, values and behavior – always represents the Company in a positive and energetic manner!
The Sales Director candidate should be passionate about natural foods. He or she considers themselves an independent thinker and doer, and someone who loves to introduce friends to new things they’ve discovered, especially food!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A or B.S) in Sales, Business Administration, Business Management
- 5-10 years of successful sales experience with increased responsibility with retail customers across Deli and Cheese departments
- Must have deep knowledge and successful track record of leveraging national distributors to sustainably grow brands
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Passionate and results oriented individual who demonstrates persistence in the face of obstacles - Ability to problem solve and innovative to succeed!
- Excellent team-building, interpersonal, listening, and communication skills (both verbal and written) with a start-up company mentality of “no job too small”
- Working knowledge of financials used in the sales process such as costing, margin, profitability, promotional spending, and allowances
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize business needs
- Strong entrepreneurial and customer service focus - always put the retailer and shopper first
- Good energy, self-motivated and persuasive leader
- Adaptable individual who can complete daily procedures and responsibilities without direct supervision
- Ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suites; skilled at creating and editing sales presentations