Night Shift BrewingApply for this Job
Title: Bartender (part time)
Classification: Hourly, Tipped
Reports to: Taproom General Manager
Location: Night Shift Brewing, Everett
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Bartenders are responsible for the experience that each guest has when visiting our Taproom. Bartenders are responsible for serving all of our guests quickly, professionally and with a friendly demeanor. Bartenders are also responsible for the general cleanliness of all work stations and guest facing spaces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet customers promptly, within 45 seconds of their arrival, with a smile and acknowledgment. If you cannot get to a guest within the time frame, greet them and let them know you will be with them shortly.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, eye contact, tone and body language always. Make guests feel appreciated through your actions.
- Be at full alert to guest signals, such as when they are raising their hands or looking directly at you, for orders.
- Process transactions using the POS system including guest payments and make change accurately
- Work as a team with all Night Shift Brewing's personnel to maintain an effective atmosphere and efficient service.
- Lead tours and educate our customers about our beer, beer in general, and the processes behind making it
- Be proactive about keeping the work space behind the bar, the retail space, on the Taproom floor and bathrooms clean and fully stocked
- Check identification of customers to verify they are of legal drinking age
- Make recommendations to customers of beers that the Taproom has decided to highlight that shift
- Limit problems related to customers' excessive drinking by following established procedures
- Arrange merchandise and packaged beer into attractive and functional displays
- Comply with all health, safety and hygiene standards and policies
- Monitor inventory as needed
- Perform all other duties as needed
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- TIPS and/or Serve Safe certified
- Brewery experience a plus
- Prior experience serving the public
- Prior experience in fast paced hospitality
- Effective communication skills
- Efficient decision making in occasionally stressful situations
- Awareness of signs indicating intoxication of guests and other concerning factors
- Ability to work efficiently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to make calculations and figure out change quickly.
- A good memory to recall regular guests, remember drink orders from large groups etc.
- Embrace change, we are a fast paced company, change is constant.
- Willingness for listening to ideas, questions, and feedback.
- An amiable personality and confident interacting with people.
- Should have strong work ethic and a willingness to support other departments as occasion demands.
- Calm professional demeanor in all situations.
- Flexibility with scheduling
- Honest and Trustworthy
General Job Requirements
- Must be 21+
- Weekends and nighttime availability required
- Scheduling flexibility required
- The work for this position is partly performed in an taproom environment, and requires occasional trips to the warehouse and production floor, which involves multiple flights of stairs
- The production aspects of this job take place in a working brewery environment, which involves the following:
• Hot, cold, steamy, foggy, wet conditions
• Noise (up to 90 dB)
• Exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals, hot water, cold water, hazardous gases, and pressurized vessels
• Exposure to machinery with moving parts
• Wet floors
• Occasional entry into confined spaces
• Sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing
• Seeing, talking, hearing, tasting, and smelling
• Lifting up-to 55 pounds and moving up to 100 pounds
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe
• Remain stationary for extended periods of time
• Must be 21+
- Health insurance options
- Dental insurance options
- Flexible work schedule
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous beer and merchandise privileges