National Sales Manager
Cocktail CrateApply for this Job
About Cocktail Crate
Cocktail Crate is a fast-growing startup that makes award-winning cocktail mixers for whiskey lovers. The company’s mixers are made from real, non GMO ingredients and contain fresh juices, natural sweeteners, and bitters. This allows customers to create effortless “just-add-whiskey” craft cocktails.
Based in New York City, the company was launched five years ago at Smorgasburg food market in Brooklyn and from there grew quickly in local specialty and Whole Foods Market stores. Today, the company’s mixers are distributed nationally to customers including Whole Foods, The Fresh Market, Safeway, Target, Kroger, BevMo!, Total Wine, and Walmart.
Our Mission: Inspire memorable moments by bringing family and friends together around delicious craft cocktails
Our Core Values: passion, creativity, hard work, persistence, independent thinking
About The Position
Cocktail Crate is seeking an experienced regional/national sales manager with a background in natural food and beverage to become our National Sales Manager. This person will head the company’s rapid growth in the natural and conventional channels, working with the largest key accounts in the United States, national and regional distributors, and the company's broker network. For a highly motivated and driven professional, this position will be an incredible opportunity to work closely with Cocktail Crate’s CEO, grow the brand nationally, and make a major contribution to the growth and success of a startup natural food company. The position will offer a competitive salary, benefits, incentive-based compensation, and the ability to work remotely from the city of the manager’s choosing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Increase the company's sales 100% in 2018 and 100% again in 2019.
- Working with the CEO, develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve the company’s sales goals:
- Maintain existing relationships with buyers at key national accounts as well as regional chains while developing relationships with new customers
- Present Cocktail Crate’s products in person to a majority of key customers, speaking intelligently and convincingly about the products and industry in a data-driven manner
- Report regularly on both sales performance in existing customers and progress towards securing new customers.
- Ensure promotions are executed successfully
- Manage relationships with Cocktail Crate’s distributors including national distributors such as UNFI and KeHe and regional distributors.
- Work with distributor sales teams to meet sales targets - for example attending distributor trade shows, ensuring promos are executed successfully, and training individual reps on how to sell Cocktail Crate’s mixers.
- Work with distributor AP departments to resolve unwarranted chargebacks.
- Where needed, build out a network of brokers to aid Cocktail Crate in securing placement in key retailers, maintaining relationships with those retailers, and ensuring all promos are successfully executed. Maintain relationships with Cocktail Crate’s current broker network.
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and a who wants to join a company with a sense of purpose. Someone who is ambitious, relentless, a people person, and self-motivated. A willingness to travel and an ability to thrive in a remote-working environment will be essential to success. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is truly passionate about great cocktails and who wants to play a major role in building a great company.
Education and Experience
- At least 2-3 years work as a regional sales manager for a natural/specialty food or beverage company, with a solid record of success
- College degree
- Ability to operate and execute autonomously - this position will have no direct reports initially
- Past experience working with large chains and national distributors such as UNFI and KeHE
- Experience managing brokers preferred
- Ability to work with industry and company sales data and speak about it intelligently
- Superior organizational abilities
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Interested candidates should send their resume and a brief description of why they think they would be a great fit for the role to email@example.com