CPG Sales Manager - Foodservice
Blue Bottle CoffeeApply for Job
The Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) team enables our guests to enjoy Blue Bottle in far-flung places or on-the-go by distilling our unique cafe experiences into portable forms. Our beloved pair of products, New Orleans Iced Coffee and Cold Brew Black Coffee, are gaining fans quickly and we’re excited to bring them and other new products to more and more people.
As our inaugural team member focused on foodservice, you will help Blue Bottle in its mission by sourcing, launching, and growing Blue Bottle’s partnership with various foodservice and on-premise accounts, so that more people can have access to great coffee where and when they need it; you’ll be driving availability of our product in various places, from fast-casual restaurant and hotels to offices and catering events. This position works across internal and external teams to operate the business. We have a tight-knit and talented team and are looking for phenomenal people to join us and develop their skills and careers further.
- Prospect, build, and maintain partnership with foodservice operators, brokers, and distributors to help bring Blue Bottle ready-to-drink products to more people
- Build relationships and nurture champions with foodservice operators, brokers, and distributors in order to ensure Blue Bottle goals are prioritized
- Align foodservice distributor, broker, and operators to ensure smooth launch and delivery of our product, whether new or exiting
- Assist with setting of Blue Bottle’s strategy, approach, and timing for foodservice channel
- Successfully launch new products with speed and accuracy, and continually work on optimizing our SKU mix with operators and distributors as needed
- Establish network of peers within CPG and foodservice industry to tap for advice and competitive market info on a regular basis
- Relentless networker who is able to prospect for new accounts and get connected to key decision makers
- Persuasive to diverse set of individuals and navigate complex organization and processes with ease; demonstrate empathy and ability to zero in and resolve potential roadblocks
- Rigorous goal-setter and planner who prioritizes then pursues those goals relentlessly and with clear sense of purpose
- Tenacious and able to quickly rebound from setbacks and adapt to new situations or directions
- Able to consistently achieve results under tough circumstances; take on opportunities with sense of urgency and prioritizes tasks effectively; exercise good judgment
- Inspires trust and able to work independently; aware of personal strengths and weaknesses and seek to constantly improve
- 2+ years of relevant experience in CPG foodservice/on-premise field, preferably with a craft and/or premium brand
- A deep love for great coffee, food, and exceptional customer experiences
A few benefits we offer
- Health, dental, and vision coverage star ng on your first day 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
- At Blue Bottle, you’ll be critical to guests enjoying delicious food and coffee just days after it’s roasted. We aim to provide delightful hospitality to everyone who visits us, in-person or online. If you’re ready to help bring amazing products to life, please apply and join us.
- To be considered for employment, please be sure to upload a cover letter and a resume that includes three professional references.