National Sales Director - Minister of Ambassador Commerce
The Republic of TeaApply for Job
POSITION SUMMARY: The Minister of Ambassador Commerce is responsible for managing a team of Regional Sales Managers who oversee multiple broker groups across the USA and work directly with retailers carrying The Republic of Tea. The Minister of Ambassador Commerce will also manage key retailer relationships and develop opportunities to increase tea sales nationwide.
- Develops, implements and achieves strategic sales plans, strategies, objectives, policies and procedures that conform to company's revenue goals and strategic initiatives
- Evaluate product marketability in terms of customer needs.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the company's teas and industry trends.
- Work within T&E and promotional budget guidelines to build sales.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to achieve corporate goals.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs a variety of tasks
- Tracks sales performance against objectives and informs management of results
- May manage relationships with key customers
- Directs staffing, training and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
- Leads and directs the work of regional sales managers and key customers on sales and advertising techniques.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Integrates and coordinates lines of business with other departments including customer service, finance, and marketing
- Assigns sales territory to regional sales managers.
- Represents company at tradeshows.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Delivers sales presentations to key customers while maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Prepares quarterly sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion for the Strategic Leadership TEAm.
- Motivates and energizes the sales regional to make proactive decisions in all their communications.
- Assess the competitive landscape and institute changes to the sales program in response to competitors' changes.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
New Business Development:
- Identify and pursue retailers and tea service purveyors new to The Republic of Tea to build sales in order to meet the strategic goals set annually.
- Develop sales proposals for potential customers.
- Build and deliver effective presentations to sales reps/brokers/customers.
- Direct Regional Sales Managers that manage and oversee a network of independent sales reps/brokers.
- Develop sales strategies and new-item initiatives for accounts.
- Establish and maintain working relationship with key customers and national retailers
- Determine customer satisfaction with products
- Work with regional sales managers, broker principals and reps in market place nationwide.
- Bachelor degree with at least 15 years of experience in the field
- A minimum of 10 years gourmet, natural or specialty food sales
- A minimum of 10 years broker management experience.
- A minimum of 10 years conventional distribution experience.
- A minimum of 5 years in a management position leading a team of employees.
- 75% domestic business travel and works from company's Novato office or 1 day at home office per week.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- A proven track record of sales achievement in an upscale industry.
- Tea retailing experience or natural and specialty retail experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with demonstrated mastery of using PowerPoint to create effective sales presentations as well as Excel for data analysis
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical and tactical skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- 1P Experience with Amazon
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Advocate of our brand
- Customer focused
- Loves sipping tea!
The Republic of Tea is an Equal Opportunity Employer.