Oskar Blues BreweryApply for this Job
Oskar Blues Brewery
Seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to lead Oskar Blues Brewery’s Texas presence and our Austin, TX brewery in order to expand beer sales across the state. The Marketing Manager is responsible for day-to-day Texas marketing execution, with an understanding of Oskar Blues’ broader marketing messaging & sales goals as established by the national marketing & sales team.
There are three clear areas of focus:
TAPROOM - Identify and engage the North Austin community & drive traffic to the Tasty Weasel Austin Taproom (TWAT).
AUSTIN - Developing relationships, partnerships, sponsorships, events and additional opportunities in the Austin community to activate the brand outside the brewery.
TEXAS - Understanding the longer-term vision of leveraging the Austin, TX brewery and Taproom to establish Oskar Blues Brewery and an authentic, local brewery to support sales in the larger Texas market.
You should have command of “best practices” and trends in marketing outreach, enjoy being creative, and laugh if someone from the dysfunctional OB family hangs truck nuts on your vehicle after a long day at work. As a salaried employee, work hours are varied and require evening and weekend work.
Responsibilities + expectations include but are not limited to:
Lead and manage a team of two, with the Marketing & Events Coordinator support role, on all Texas based marketing initiatives.
Aggressively + creatively seek out North Austin neighborhood businesses, clubs and organizations to establish recurring, on-going programs to drive business and traffic to the TWAT.
Work with the taproom and brewing teams on programming and promotion of the TWAT 45 to 60 days out for promotion to begin 30 days out from event.
Work as a team with TWAT manager and brewery GM through weekly meetings – establish goals and brainstorm creative ways to leverage programming and promotion 30 to 60 days in advance.
Brand Ambassador – Be the face of OB and create fans for life. Familiarity with overarching Oskar Blues brand, history, voice + vibe. Specific knowledge + understanding of beer portfolio to effectively engage with consumers, make recommendations and tell the OB story.
- Engage best practices to manage the Texas digital media profile and presence. Existing platform includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, eBlasts and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
Employ grassroots guerilla-style marketing techniques to create buzz, gain media attention and drive sales.
Weekly check-in with Texas sales team to determine where additional opportunities can be created to drive sampling and sales.
- Work your ass off
- BA/BS degree
- 3-4 years of marketing experience in the craft beer industry preferred
- Knowledge of the local Austin, TX market
- Proactive, outgoing and eager to engage with the local community
- Ability to integrate all aspects of the marketing mix
- Understanding of how to effectively seek, negotiate and leverage partnerships and sponsorships
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- Willingness to grab projects, events and tasks that fall outside scope of this job description
- Ability to thrive in our hard working, dysfunctional OB family environment