Central and Massachusetts Sales Rep
Troegs Brewing CoApply for Job
Position: Sales Representative
Territory: Central and Eastern Massachusetts
Job Classification: Full-time, Year-round; Salary position
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Benefits: Available Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, QPI Program – Eligible after completion of 90-day Introductory Period; Retirement plan – Eligible after 1 year of employment
Tröegs Independent Brewing is a family-owned company with a perpetual curiosity for making great beer. We look for co-workers who share our uncompromising vision. We value highly-skilled people who can get along with others and maintain a positive working environment.
The Sales Representative position is an account-level sales person focused on growing Troegs business in the Central and Eastern Massachusetts markets including Worcester and all points east. This position requires flexible hours, daily travel and weekend events.
High-energy, detail-oriented person needed for fast-paced, but rewarding position. Must have pleasant personality, be self-motivated, goal-oriented, and the ability to communicate well with people. Beer industry knowledge and 1-2 years beverage industry sales experience is required. The ideal candidate would live in the Boston area with easy access to Worcester, Cape and Islands, South Shore, North Shore, and Merrimack Valley, and have good, working knowledge of the beer scene throughout the region.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular ride alongs with wholesaler representatives.
- Visit and maintain contact with retailers, restaurants, bars.
- Fulfill needs of distributors as required (i.e., POS, tap handles, sell sheets, etc….).
- Communicate on daily basis w/ Sales Manager regarding orders, trends, seasonal considerations and all other sales related issues.
- Monitor wholesaler’s inventory and depletions.
- Analyze sales data/ performance on a monthly basis, report at monthly sales meeting.
- Complete company administration requirements on time and regularly, including expense reports, weekly/month recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, and daily e-mail responses.
- Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in accounts.
- 3+ promos/ staff trainings, 5+ new bottle placements monthly.
- Search for new draft placements while merchandising accounts.
- Visit a minimum of 10+ accounts a day.
- Participate in beer samplings, promotions, beer festivals and all related events.
- Build & maintain relationships by communicating regularly with our distributor sales managers.
- Conduct quarterly sales meetings/ presentations with our distributor’s sales staff.
- Must maintain a function vehicle and have a driver’s license with NO DUI’S.
Distributor / Market Knowledge:
- Knowledge of who key people are at distributor(s) such as owner, President/ GM, sales manager, supervisors, all sales people, merchandising manager, events coordinator, operations manager, draft manager and receptionist.
- Develop understanding for how the following gets done: pos orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride withs, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty pos and beer displays, basic policies for handling distributor bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, scheduling time at monthly/ quarterly sales meetings and how sales reps and supervisors are compensated.
- Know pricing of all Troegs products plus general pricing of top 5 craft and import beer competitors in the market.
- Develop market profile and target lists.
- Strong knowledge of Troegs Independent Brewing, its history and its products.
- 1-2 years of demonstrated success in beverage related sales.
- Experience working with Vermont Information Processing (VIP) software.
- Experience working with IRI Data collection.
- General knowledge of the brewing process and how all Troegs beers are produced.
- Communication styles – well developed understanding of the four communication styles, proven ability to consistently recognize and adapt to all four styles, and the ability to master all five components of the selling skills process (opening, proposal, probing, objection handling and closing).
- Basic computer skills, Word, Excel and email.
- Previous beverage industry experience required.