Brewers and Cellar Staff, Charleston SC
Palmetto Brewing CoApply for this Job
We have a 2 vessel 25 BBL brewhouse currently running 6 brews a week but are going to increase that slowly during Q1 with a major cellar expansion and the addition of a third vessel in the brewhouse. The positions require the flexibility of evenings, weekends and holidays. Palmetto Brewing Company recently merged with Catawba Brewing Company and will be operating under the Catawba umbrella which also operates breweries in Morganton, NC, Charlotte NC and Asheville, NC.
With mild temperatures, a coastal vibe and cultural diversity Charleston is in ideal place to call home.*
Ideal candidate will have 3 years professional experience working in a shift brewing environment and a brewing education. However, work ethic, the ability to learn quickly, work without supervision and be flexible are more important and we are willing to train the right candidate. Send resume and cover letter to*Kevin@catawbabrewing.com with Charleston Brewer in the subject. Salary DOE and healthcare benefits available.
Duties include but not limited to:
Produces quality beer according to Catawba Brewing specifications.
* Keeps brewhouse and cellar vessels clean inside and out
* Maintains a safe, clean, and organized workspace
* Communicates all pertinent batch related information at shift changeover
* Cleans and sanitizes tanks, hoses, and fittings
* Sets up hoses and fittings for the day’s brew
* Collects yeast for pitching and/or drop yeast as needed.
* Tracks yeast availability and viability to determine best potential pitch sources
* Receives raw materials, rotates stock, and takes inventories
* Alerts Head Brewer when inventory levels are below par levels
* Performs clarification and carbonation procedures per CBC standards
* CIP and sanitation of fermentation vessels and brite tanks
* Monitors and records batch performance
* Monitors raw material quality and performance
* Completes required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
* Follows safety procedures and wears PPE
* Performs other duties as assigned