Director of Sales
CanvasApply for this Job
Canvas aims to be one the fastest growing RTD beverages in the U.S., creating a new category of prebiotic beverages (digestive health). Our success is driven by a dynamic, intelligent, and passionate team committed to improving the microbiome through prebiotic nutrition, innovative technology applications, and better food systems. We want to put better nutrition in the hands of as many people as possible.
Our first product is a prebiotic fiber and protein beverage. Utilizing plants and science, our shakes are designed to optimize digestion and overall well-being. We’ve applied new and innovative technologies to facilitate sustainable production of our primary fiber and protein source, barley.
We are hiring an exceptionally talented and driven Director of Sales to build and oversee all sales and sales-related functions that will accelerate the business. The objective of this position is to grow our sales from $0 to $3 million in 2018, $10 million in 2019, and $30 million in 2020. As a pivotal player in our company’s future, this position offers unlimited potential and growth for a candidate willing and capable of helping launch the next prominent brand.
You’ll be working to grow a dynamic early stage company from zero to number one in its category. This role requires someone capable of developing and implementing national and regional strategy, forging exceptional high-growth relationships with retailers, brokers, and distributors, identifying and cultivating new distribution channels and sales leads, expanding opportunities at trade level including promotional opportunities, and maximizing growth in all high impact opportunities. This role requires the ability to think strategically and execute quickly.
- Belief in Canvas brand, products, mission, and future; cultural fit, who thrives in young, fast-paced, future-thinking, high growth company
- Entrepreneurial-minded, with experience building and scaling early stage companies
- Relationships with brokers, retailers, and distributors in major channels
- Experience building and implementing systems across the entire sales team
- Proven track record of success selling food and/or beverage products into major retailers and channels
- Exceptional leader, with history of building high-performing teams as well as working effectively and momentously with sales, innovation, and operations teams
- Exceptional relationship-building, with history of providing ‘extra mile’ service to customers and all key internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional at strategizing, rapid execution, and rapid iteration
- Big picture thinking, with desire to grow company from 0 to #1 in category
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to our hiring team at: email@example.com. In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working with Canvas and how you meet the requirements for the role.
Learn more at: drinkcanvas.com