Director of Sales - bRAW
bRAWApply for this Job
Director of Sales
bRAW is Growing! Join our Team & Help Build a California based CPG Company!
We are looking for passionate people with an entrepreneurial spirit to help build our company
ABOUT: bRAW, a plant-based food company founded on Maui, HI, is innovating the refrigerated energy bar set by providing naturally nutritious and delicious superfood bars made with the highest quality whole food ingredients. Now based in Southern California, we are committed to and passionate about providing nourishment to our communities, to our ‘ohana, by being conscious and transparent about what we choose to put into our food we create.
JOB SUMMARY: bRAW is seeking a Director of Sales, accountable for building the brand and driving company revenue in multiple channels, including but not limited to: natural, specialty and conventional. This role will provide leadership in sales, promotions, and broker management, reporting directly to the CEO. We are searching for a highly motivated self-starter with strong professional sales skills, acumen, and interpersonal skills that thrives in a fast-paced start up work environment. Candidate must have a strong track record of success in building emerging companies, be able to work in a team environment, and be passionate about meeting multiple objectives with a high sense of urgency.
ROLES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for calling on multiple channels of trade including but not limited to Conventional, Natural and Specialty
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve/exceed sales targets and to expand the company’s customer base through new and expanded distribution opportunities.
- Manage and expand product distribution within existing and new accounts
- Participate in strategic planning, forecasting and trade spend management
- Analyze data to maximize sales in current accounts using key marketing resources and retail execution at store level
- Comprehend category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and category opportunities and position them against competitors through proposals and excellent presentation skills
- Develop, cultivate and manage key relationships with store buyers
- Strategize around and manage promotions and customer specific marketing
- Responsible for regional broker management, communication, and support
- Work with CEO to set periodic sales goals
- Keep thorough and up to date notes on all existing and target accounts
- Complete and assist in account paperwork
- Represent Company at trade exhibitions and events
- Minimum of 5 years experience in sales leadership roles at both later-stage and early-stage food brands is a plus
- Possess key functional expertise across sales, trade management and category management
- Prior experience with brand development and systems to support aggressive business and brand growth
- Key leadership characteristics: integrity, leadership/drive for results, collaborative, flexible, strong communicator, player/coach mentality with ability to roll up sleeves
- Excellent listening, negotiation, verbal and written communications skills
- Resourceful and always looking for ways to contribute, learn and develop
- Outstanding organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, including the ability to manage priorities and work flow
- Frequent travel necessary
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates, please email resume to email@example.com