Regional Sales Manager (Southern California)
The BrueryApply for Job
This position is the face of our company and our front-line connection to our distributors, accounts & customers in Southern California, with a focus on Orange, Los Angeles & San Diego counties. Your primary goal is to sell our world-class beers by creating and fostering relationships with those distributors, accounts, and customers, and by educating those parties on The Bruery, Bruery Terreux & Offshoot Beer Co. brands (“The Bruery brands”) and our wide variety of beer offerings. Using interpersonal skills, you will build our brand through the execution of a sales and marketing plan for the territory, including strengthened relationships with distributors and existing accounts, identifying and closing new sales opportunities, and executing targeted events aimed at consumer sampling & awareness.
Essential Duties (include but are not limited to the following):
- Assist in development of annual territory sales plan for achieving budgeted sales figures; lead quarterly review meetings with The Bruery distribution team and distributors.
- Regularly visit key accounts throughout assigned territory to build and maintain relationships with buyers/decision-makers. Educate account staff regarding our brands and products and find opportunities to sell-in new products.
- Perform research to stay in-the-loop regarding account openings & staffing changes; actively seek out & target new prospective accounts.
- Utilize VIP and/or distributor route accounting software to identify opportunities, analyze sales and gain business & sales insights.
- Manage account database for assigned territory, including pipeline of prospective accounts, and assist with updating contact lists for account & distributor communications.
- Build and maintain relationships with sales reps and managers for distributor partners in assigned territory in order to maximize communication and increase focus on our portfolio.
- Educate distributor reps and managers about our brands and products through regular in-person, phone and email communications, as well as scheduling and presenting at sales meetings when possible.
- Schedule and perform regular ride-alongs with distributor sales staff.
- Maintain weekly written communications with The Bruery distribution team and distributors regarding your activities.
- Supply distributors and accounts with marketing materials, and assist marketing team to develop more focused materials as needed.
- Gather market information and feedback from distributors, accounts and customers in assigned territory; communicate back to The Bruery distribution & marketing teams.
- Plan, arrange events at accounts and work with distributors and The Bruery distribution, marketing & warehouse teams to effectively promote and successfully prepare for and run those events.
- In coordination with distribution & marketing teams, develop unique educational plans, materials & presentations for distributors, accounts and customers.
- Identify unique events and opportunities for The Bruery brands to showcase its products, including but not limited to premier beer festivals and events focused on music, food & wine.
- Represent The Bruery brands in an enthusiastic and respectful manner with distributors, accounts, and customers.
- Perform merchandising at accounts during visits, as appropriate.
- Maintain self-education on The Bruery brands and the craft beer industry in general, including applicable laws & regulations.
- Promptly reply to all emails & phone calls and escalate issues appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Related work experience: 4 years relevant experience in craft beer, wine or spirits sales.
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships.
- Knowledge of state & federal alcohol laws & regulations.
- Passion for & deep knowledge of craft beer. Certified Cicerone preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively & with excellent customer service skills, both orally and in writing.
- Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated & able to work without direct oversight.
- Proficient in Mac OS, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, database programs, VIP and CRM software.
- Ability to bend over, twist, kneel, climb stairs, stand for the duration of a shift, lift 55+ pounds repeatedly, reach with hands and arms, sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- This role requires flexible hours due to participation in promotional events. Nights and weekends will be required.
- Travel to and participation in trade shows and beer related events as required.
- Travel up to 50% of time.
- Drivers license with a clean motor vehicle record
- Must live within Orange County/LA/San Diego area