North American BreweriesApply for Job
Labatt USA Brewing Co., is hiring a Brewmaster for its first innovation brewery in the United States!
We’re looking for someone passionate about brewing beer, experienced in innovation and excited about creating a new way for people to experience the Labatt brand. The right candidate will have approximately 10 years of experience brewing beer and experience drinking, sampling, experimenting, refining and enjoying beer along the way. Enthusiasm, curiosity and pursuit of great tasting beer is part of the job description. The right candidate will regularly collaborate, talk and share ideas with other local brewers, consumers and media.
Homebase is the Labatt USA Brewing Co., located in downtown Buffalo and adjacent to Key Bank Center, home of the Buffalo Sabres NHL team. The mixed-use building will also house a restaurant and tasting room that will give the beer-loving masses the opportunity to taste, experience and share feedback on the beers. This is an exciting opportunity for the right brewer who is ready to help lead Labatt’s innovation in the U.S. market.
Labatt USA is a purpose-driven company dedicated to making great beer, demonstrating stewardship of our environment and taking an active role in improving our community for future generations of beer drinkers! We will embrace our purpose as we brew high-quality beer, grow a community of supporters and impact our neighborhoods and waterways. We hope to operate our brewery in a way that minimizes our negative impact on the world and demonstrates a strong commitment to our community and environment!
- Brewing Management: Manage brewing operations for a 10 bbl, 4 vessel brewhouse with 11 fermenters and 8 brite tanks. Includes recipe management, operating procedures, release parameters, and safety policies.
- Beer Development: Create new beer recipes and test brews. Keep recipes updated and adjusted to meet goals. Create product definitions and recipes, descriptions, standard costs and revision controls.
- Quality Control
- Oversee Standard Operating Procedures
- Customer Interaction
Requirements and Competencies:
- Approximately 10 years of brewing experience preferred
- Short course in brewing from an accredited brewing science school or equivalent experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Brewing or related science field and/or Certificate from an accredited brewing science school preferred
- Advanced understanding of brewing science
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling, safe work operations, safety policies and procedures
- Ability to make presentations to large and small groups and act as brand spokesperson
- Ability to build relationships with external and internal partners
Travel Requirements: 10%
Requires sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, to permit the employee to function in crowded physical conditions, climb stairs on a regular basis, stretch and reach on a regular basis, and stand for long periods of time on concrete floors. The brewery environment includes exposure to moderate to high noise levels and exposure to cleaning chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ready to Brew?
We offer a competitive compensation package with paid time off, health insurance benefit, 401K, phone allowance, relocation reimbursement and beer!
North American Breweries is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Vet