Director of Operations
Dixie Brewing Company, LLCApply for this Job
Overall Job Purpose:
Dixie Brewing Company has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced Director of Operations. This senior position will be responsible for directing and overseeing daily operational activities including overall leadership and guidance of the production activities of the brewery including Logistics, Packaging, Quality Control, Engineering, Maintenance, and Facilities. The Director of Operations must take a lead role in conjunction with the Executive Team in the development of long-term and short-term planning to drive the organization to achieve maximum overall efficiencies and results.
The Director of Operations will provide hands-on leadership and management of all aspects of operations and manufacturing, including, but not limited to:
- Planning, forecasting, budgeting, sourcing, producing, and shipping goods.
- Ensure that operations run efficiently by communicating clear objectives and by managing and developing the operations team.
- Analyze operational data and current processes to maximize efficiency and continual improvements to the cost, safety, and environmental management of operations.
- Work with department managers and HR to develop and improve Standard Operating Procedures and ensure proper training.
- Collaborate with the CFO to develop and manage budgets for assigned departments including cost of goods sold, operating expenditures and capital expenditures.
- Monitor cost variances and report them to leadership in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the Sales General Manager and sales team in maintaining a strong relationship with our distributors.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local and federal laws in a highly regulated industry.
- Supervise facility construction.
- Manage major projects to improve Operations from beginning to end.
- Oversee all Operations technology systems and future implementations.
- Dedication to the ideals of diversity, equality, inclusion in the workplace.
- 10+ years of progressive experience managing operations in a manufacturing facility, with 5+ years management experience in food and beverages.
- A working knowledge of OSHA requirements and a proven track record of focus on building a safety culture.
- Strong Financial acumen and proven project manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects.