Cellar Position- Auburn Alehouse
Auburn AlehouseApply for this Job
The Auburn Alehouse, an award winning production brewpub located in the Sierra foothill town of Auburn, California has an immediate opening for a cellarperson.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated individual with a passion for producing exceptional Craftbeer.
Summary of Job position: The Cellerperson will be responsible for performing all cellar operations including, but not limited to, dryhopping, finning and filtration, carbonation, tank CIP, and packaging in accordance with the Alehouse SOP’s. Packaging line work as needed.
Duties and Resonsibities:
- Fermentor, Bright tank and yeast brink CIP and sanitization,
- Yeast harvesting/sampling for lab work
- Performing Gravity checks, Dissolved Oxygen and Co2 readings
- Prepping FV’s, BBT’s and yeast brinks for use
- Filtration, Finning and transferring
- Perform/maintain weekly cellar inventories
- Maintaining a clean and safe workplace
- Upholding quality standards per SOP’s
- Performing other related duties as required
- Maintain accurate written and electronic records
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Commitment to high quality standards
- Outright hatred of DO!
- Minimum 3-5 years in production brewing/cellarwork
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong knowledge of brewing process
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and quality
- Safely handle brewery chemicals
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work both independently and with the team
Physical Requirements: Required to perform this job successfully.
- Ability to bend, kneel, climb stairs, and stand for long periods of time.
- Safely lift, move and carry up to 75 pounds repeatedly, sometimes overhead.
- Maneuver up to 165 pounds, in tight spaces
- Use ladders and work from heights
- Able to work in wet, cold, hot and noisy conditions
We offer competitive salary and benefits. If you feel you are the right candidate please send resume with work experience and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please type “Cellar position” in the subject line.
No phone calls Please!