Nor. Cal Area Sales Manager
Q DrinksApply for this Job
Q Drinks makes the world’s best carbonated mixers. Our Tonic Water, Ginger Beer, Club Soda, and other flavors are proudly served by discerning bars and restaurants across America, and are sold at grocery and liquor stores nationwide, including Whole Foods, Safeway and Target. We are growing rapidly, driven by the strength of our brand, the quality of our products, and consumer embrace of better beverages made with better ingredients. We are now private equity backed, and are using our new resources to build a team of talented and dedicated individuals to seize the exciting opportunity in front of us.
We are seeking candidates based in the San Francisco Bay area for this remote field sales position.
- Drive the distributor’s focused implementation of sales programming and brand building initiatives in covered markets
- This includes but not limited to distribution initiatives, brand feature and display, programming, incentives, and spirit partnership programs within assigned territory
- Effectively manage mutually agreed to goals with the distributor as it relates to depletions, distribution, Core 4 and Spectacular Serve Target/OAT account management
- Ensure flawless execution of brand pricing strategy as directed by the Sales Director
- Build brand support and feature in the critical on-premise channel. Engage distributor management and sales personnel so as to achieve and over-deliver agreed to market objectives
- Call on and activate in Target Accounts in the market under the direction of the Sales Director. This includes implementing Spectacular Serve, feature cocktail programs and co-branded spirit programs
- Expectations to be in the field calling on accounts to sell in distribution 3-4 days/week
- Actively develop and manage relationships with distributor personnel including Channel VPs, Merchandising VPs, Director of Sales, DMs, ADMs and Sales Reps. Conduct work in the key markets
- Ensure POS and other marketing assets are effectively utilized in the field supporting Q Drinks initiatives. Participate in the development of program-specific POS
- Spend time each month surveying the market to ensure that distribution, pricing, POS, displays, programs, menu placement and ads are executed to standard
- Travel when appropriate to call on target account buyers, distributor management and assist in Market blitzes/distributor launches
- Review monthly distributor depletion reports to identify opportunities, underperforming accounts or potential loss of distribution within an account. Take appropriate actions to ensure market objectives are achieved
- Routinely communicate/report market performance, distributor execution, competitive activity, key account activity to Sales Director
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in the beverage alcohol or non-alcoholic industry, preferably with experience in the on-premise channel. Distributor management experience is also a requirement. Strong knowledge of the retail environment preferred
- Ability to function effectively in a relationship driven, entrepreneurial business environment
- Objective-oriented, focused, individual who needs little direction or supervision; energy, enthusiasm, and being proactive are critical
- Willing to be very “hands-on” to get the job accomplished and adaptable to change on the go.
- Must be well organized, and have the ability to plan daily & weekly call sheet & execute tasks with limited supervision and administrative support.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint (reporting, presentations, correspondence and documentation purposes). Polished sales and presentation skills essential.
- Presently has working relationships with distributors and key on premise decision makers in assigned markets - (hotels, restaurants, night clubs)
- Ability to coach/train/motivate/Influence.
- Position may require occasional overnight travel, and night/weekend events in the Market.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Must have a valid US Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle to be used for work purposes
- Must be legal to work in the US
- Financially responsible individual who knows how to manage budgets.
Have we described a role that you have been seeking, along with a set of skills that you possess? If so we’d like to hear from you immediately. Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V