Jack's Abby BrewingApply for Job
Springdale is seeking an experienced, passionate, and detail-oriented individual to fill the role of Barrel Tech on the Springdale production team. The Springdale Barrel Tech’s main duty is assisting in the management of barrel aged beer and associated stainless tanks. This is a hybrid position that is full time and involves part time work in barrel production and part time office/accounting work. Tasks include managing and costing product within OrchestratedBeer, data entry, racking beer into and out of barrels/tanks, cleaning barrels/tanks, packaging finished product, and other duties as assigned. This position reports to Springdale Management as well as the Jack’s Abby Brewing Accounting Manager. The barrel tech position is full time with access to health, dental, and 401K benefits in accordance with company policy.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup, maintenance, and breakdown of fermentation and packaging equipment including sanitary Clean in Place (CIP) procedures.
- Monitor fermentations including routine analysis of in-process beer.
- Setup and breakdown of hard and soft piping assemblies.
- Assist in cleaning, fruiting, filling, and evacuating oak barrels.
- Assist in packaging and transfer of finished product.
- Assist in creation of new projects and blends.
- Production data entry, inventory tracking, and basic cost account using. OrchestratedBeer and Barrel-It softwares.
- Recording sensory information.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds from floor to shoulder height.
- Ability to stand, walk, crouch, and lift regularly throughout the duration of a shift.
- Ability to work and focus in wet, loud, hot, and cold environments.
- Ability to critically taste, evaluate, and discuss beer at various process points.
- Comfortability operating forklifts, electric and manual pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Extreme attention to detail.
Ideal Candidates Possess:
- Working knowledge of Orchestrated Beer, a module for SAP Business One.
- Formal brewing training, degree in relevant field, or equivalent job experience.
- 1-2 years experience working in a brewpub or production brewery.