Product Development Director
Vital ProteinsApply for Job
Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan. Our offices are located in West Loop with production and warehouse facilities in the Chicago suburbs.
What you will be responsible for:
- Translate product concepts to development of products and related activities that support the formulation and development of new products, line extensions, and quality improvement.
- Develop formulations and specifications that meet the appropriate nutritional, regulatory and consumer requirements, specifically
- Ability to interact and provide technical knowledge and support to customers, external partners, other parties.
- Identify and source ingredients from vendors that are in compliance with established quality assurance standards for appropriate and differentiated use in and across the product portfolio.
- Maintains R&D laboratory, through accurate test design, proper sanitary practices which includes laboratory upkeep of equipment, stocking of supplies and general cleaning of work areas.
- Creates product development schedules that are required to meet project timelines
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- BS in Food Science, MS preferred
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience, preferably with a focus in dietary supplements and/or food
- Good understanding of food industry standards of quality and foods safety, and FDA PleaseCFR Part 111 and Part 117.
- Ability to project manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work cross functionally and departmentally
- You are able to stay calm under pressure and remain focused on the task at hand
- Comfortable in a fast paced quickly growing environment, no two days are the same!
- You are passionate about the health, fitness, and/or beauty markets
- Ability to travel to production and warehouse facility, in the Chicago suburbs, as needed