Brewery Operations Director
Lawson's Finest LiquidsApply for Job
Lawson’s Finest Liquids mission statement reads in part, “to provide beers of the highest quality and freshness.” We are seeking the right person to assist us in keeping that a reality!
Lawson’s Finest Liquids is searching for an accomplished professional brewer to join our team in the final stages of building our new, state-of-the-art, 40 HL GEA production facility in Waitsfield, VT with an anticipated opening in autumn 2018 and initial capacity of 15,000 bbl/year. This position reports to the Executive Brewmaster/CEO and supervises 10-15 brewery staff. The Brewery Operations Director will provide outstanding leadership, inspiration and coaching to the brewery team in order to ensure delivery of the best products possible.
As a member of the leadership team, this person will work with other directors to develop and achieve our brewery and company wide goals. The ideal candidate for this position will be energetic, have a boundless passion for craft beer, a positive “can do” attitude, and the desire to innovate while maintaining the highest levels of quality and integrity.
The ideal candidate:
* Has an established career in and passion for the brewing industry, has advanced brewing education from an accredited program, and has 7-10+ years experience as a professional brewer with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership position
* Is extremely organized, detail oriented, has strong analytical skills, and can handle complex tasks
* Is driven to maintain a brewery with the highest sanitation and safety standards
* Has proven leadership skills and will cultivate an enthusiastic company culture for staff with accountability and ongoing feedback
* Is a strategic thinker, has a desire to innovate, and proactively identifies and solves challenges
* Possesses excellent communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
* Is honest, hard-working, and has the ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization
* Oversight of all brewery production and packaging, brewery sanitation, training, safety, quality assurance control, production planning, inventory of raw materials, packaging materials, & all supplies to produce beer in addition to the reporting that accompanies it
* Supervise the operations of automated 40 HL GEA brewing vessels, CIP, centrifuge, and carbonation systems, a 10-head CFT rotary canning line, peripheral packaging equipment and Lambrechts keg washer/filler
* Ensure compliance with federal and state and laws relative to brewery operations and provide detailed data reports for required TTB filings
* Oversee the operations of brewery lab and personnel to ensure all standards are met
* Develop and ensure implementation of all standard operating procedures to maintain consistency, quality and efficiency throughout the production process
* Develop and oversee a complete maintenance programs for all equipment in the facility
* Hire, train and schedule brewery employees in accordance with a production schedule to maximize efficiencies and teamwork while also creating a positive working environment
Requirements & Expectations:
* 7-10+ years experience as a professional brewer and a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role in a packaging brewery including supervision of other employees
* Demonstrated experience with recipe development on a minimum 30 barrel brewhouse
* Expertise in brewing systems, CIP systems, canning packaging lines, clarification techniques with a centrifuge, and a familiarity with brewery automation
* A thorough understanding of all aspects of beer production, including grain handling, yeast management, clarification, packaging and QA/QC
* Ability to quickly and effectively troubleshoot both process and mechanical issues in critical situations with composure
* Excellent record keeping, attention to detail and communication skills
* Thorough knowledge of brewery safety and OSHA requirements and the ability to communicate these effectively to the brewery staff
* Develop and execute a sensory analysis program
* Able to regularly lift, push, or pull 65+ lbs as needed
* Understands complex software and automation processes in the brewery
* A willingness to perform other duties as assigned
CompensationA generous salary and total compensation package, including relocation expenses, will be offered to the right person. Pay will be commensurate with experience and benefits include paid time-off, paid holidays, company medical, dental, and 401k plan with company.