NE Regional Off-Premise Accounts Manager
Allagash Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Working at Allagash:
We have a culture of passion for what we do. No one here just shows up, punches in, does the minimum and punches out. People are constantly thinking of ways to innovate: “How can I improve quality?” “How can I develop a new beer?” “How can I give visitors to the brewery a better tour experience?”
As any organization grows, it gets to a size where one person can’t do it all by themselves. We feel that it is critical to our success to empower and inspire everyone in the organization to help innovate and improve our business, so we benefit from the resources of over 120 highly engaged, passionate people. Each person, regardless of department, level or position is able to have an impact on total operations.
Allagash is looking for a skilled Sales Manager responsible for planning and implementing strategies to drive sales for Allagash Brewing Company’s off -premise chain business in the New England market. Calls on key national accounts to build partnerships and manages the execution of all chain distribution commitments through the three tier system to ensure accurate and effective follow through.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other tasks may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Develop strategic sales plan and establish goals in conjunction with the sales director to increase chain sales at a national, regional and local level
- Build, develop and maintain customer relationships with key chain accounts
- Develop and conduct chain headquarter presentations
- Complete NIFs and all required chain paperwork
- Analyze VIP and IRI data to monitor and communicate Allagash and competitor activity to brewery, wholesalers and chain accounts
- Work with wholesalers to strategically position and drive off premise chain sales
- Communicate all related chain information to sales team, wholesalers and chains to insure coordination of wholesaler pricing, management of wholesaler programs, and chain execution
- Create and maintain profiles for all national account call points
- Manage wholesaler network performance to ensure accurate and effective follow through on chain placements, measuring results
- Coordinate off sale programs with marketing and sales departments
- Communicate forecasts to Allagash sales management team based on programming and expected new distribution
- Serve as a resource for Allagash Brewing field sales team regarding chain business
- Conduct sales meetings and trainings with wholesalers’ chain sales teams
- Conduct regular trade inspections to ensure beer is in code, rotated and pricing is correct at the retail level
- Develop and communicate pricing strategy in conjunction with sales director
- Serve as subject matter expert on all matters related to Allagash Brewing Company off premise sales
- Continually look to improve processes and procedures, and encourage others to do the same
- Attend and actively participate in departmental meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent verbal communication, including negotiation, public speaking and presentation skills
- Proven experience with analyzing data such as VIP, IRI, Nielson, etc.
- Minimum 3 years industry sales experience and minimum of two years calling on national accounts in some capacity
- Must possess US driver’s license
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Positive attitude in communication with coworkers, chain contacts and wholesaler partners
- Proven call and follow up skills
- Experience and knowledge of the Craft Beer segment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Computer savvy: experienced with VIP, Google Docs and Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding of how national accounts operate and how to build brands through wholesalers
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is a mix of sedentary and active work with extensive telephone and computer work in addition to driving
- Must be able to lift 60 lb to move beer and merchandise
Schedule of Employment:
- This is a full time position.
- Flexible schedule to include weekend and evening hours
- Travel is required