IT Systems Manager
Allagash Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Working at Allagash:
We have a culture of passion for what we do. No one here just shows up, punches in, does the minimum and punches out. People are constantly thinking of ways to innovate: “How can I improve quality?” “How can I develop a new beer?” “How can I give visitors to the brewery a better tour experience?”
As any organization grows, it gets to a size where one person can’t do it all by themselves. We feel that it is critical to our success to empower and inspire everyone in the organization to help innovate and improve our business, so we benefit from the resources of over 120 highly engaged, passionate people. Each person, regardless of department, level or position is able to have an impact on total operations.
The IT Systems Manager will configure, integrate, and manage a variety of information systems at Allagash. This position works with internal customers to improve data processes related to beer production, packaging, quality, sales (on and off site) and logistics.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management/Computer Information Systems, or related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience or postgraduate education in software development/engineering or information systems.
- Prior experience in project management for information technology or systems.
- Experience with software architecture, diagnostics and integration with plant floor automation systems, ERP systems, MES applications and IT infrastructure technologies.
- Experience in development of SCADA systems, operator interface, data acquisition, and reporting required. Experience with Ignition, MS SQL, Python, and Java.
- An interest and understanding of the craft brewing industry.
- High level knowledge of computer hardware, Windows Operating System & IT Infrastructure, relational database and software monitoring technologies. Strong network knowledge with structured troubleshooting and analytical skills.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional technical communication skills specifically for tasks such as requirements definition, bug tracking and reporting, process flows, and training documentation.
- Strong database skills for writing advanced queries and stored procedures.
- Understands common data structures and communication protocols.
- Ability to understand and write code in two or more programming/scripting languages.
- Experience as a power user of modern enterprise applications.
- Familiarity with or interest in user centered design principles.
- Self-directed learner who can solve problems independently using online search, provided documentation, and technical literature.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards who will positively represent Allagash Brewing both internally and externally.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with all internal stakeholders
- Strong organizational & planning skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiating vendor pricing for current and future contracts
- Implementing and monitoring overall IT security strategies
- Responsible for IT Risk Management (What happens if......)
- Responsible for company hardware management
- Determine protocol around hardware upgrades and replacement
- Assists in the design and deployment of new systems. Works with project stakeholders to understand and define project requirements. Serves as the subject matter expert for specific platforms.
- Identifies and improves workflows that are time consuming, redundant, or error-prone.
- Advocates a continuous improvement culture throughout relevant departments.
- Facilitates communication between project stakeholders and third party consultants.
- Creates instructional documents for target users and coordinates integration with departmental SOPs.
- Audits deployed projects to verify correct function.
- Responds to issues affecting critical systems, includes the possibility for off-hour responsibilities.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Manage 3rd party desktop support system at Allagash.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is often a sedentary position that requires the person be sitting for much of the day. Repetitive motions of typing, talking on the telephone, and reading/reviewing material.
- This position will regularly be out on the manufacturing floor, in the warehouse, and around the other areas of the Brewery to observe, install or improve current systems. On occasion, long periods of standing may be required.
- In the course of a work day there may be occasional physical demands that involve bending, lifting, twisting, and reaching.
- Occasional driving may be necessary.
Schedule of Employment: