Sales Category Analyst
Icelandic GlacialApply for this Job
The sales category analyst is responsible for a full range of activities which ensure the operational effectiveness and excellence of the business unit. The sales category analyst will design and document workflow and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness. You will track and analyze business unit trends and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact the unit. You will be a Project Manager and lead a number of key projects for the business unit and the company. The sales category analyst will be the functional expert on the specified application(s) he/she will be the sole point of contact between the business unit and Information Technology’s Application Development Specialist.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver artifacts as needed
- Utilize your experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Proven project management and leadership skills, including the ability to gather clear business requirements.
- Proven ability to develop, document and maintain operational policies and procedures, including the designing and documenting detailed process flows, and the development of operational performance and quality metric standards and reports.
- Proven experience working with Excel and developing and maintaining various analyses and reporting tools.
- Minimum Five years experience in the field