Warehouse Delivery Driver & Brewery Assistant- Mikkeller Brewing NYC
Mikkeller Brewing NYCApply for this Job
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Inventory & Logistics Coordinator and Head Brewer the Warehouse Delivery Driver & Brewery Assistant will be primarily responsible for transporting goods to and from our off-site warehouse as well as occasionally delivering beer to key accounts within the Five Boroughs. Additionally, under the supervision of the Head Brewer, this person will learn and assist in brewery duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loading and transport of raw materials to/from the brewery/off-site warehouse
- Loading and transport of product (palletized kegs, cans and merchandise) to/from the brewery/off-site warehouse
- Accurately and consistently track inventory against orders/POs and the associated record keeping
- Build pallet orders for trucks.
- Load empties on trucks for return to supplier.
- Load dunnage, pallets and load bars on trucks for return to supplier.
- Warehouse/cold-room organization
- Physical inventory
- Maintaining company vehicles (1)
- Providing excellent customer service to internal customers
- Other duties as required
Occasional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving vehicle to key account locations
- Unloading and delivering product directly to Customers in company vehicle
- Collecting and loading empty keg shells for return to brewery
- Adjusting invoice totals accurately as required
- Providing excellent customer service to key accounts
Brewery Duties and Responsibilities:
- Physical preparation of all packaging material ahead of canning runs (tray erection etc.)
- Operate the canning line under the direct supervision of Brewer
- Work with the Head Brewer and Brewer to ensure that the product meets quality standards AFTER canning, including:
- Proper fill levels
- Immaculate physical condition of the can
- Proper label application
- Other canning duties to include:
- Management of all canning supply inventory
- Ensure the swift transport of cold packaged goods to cold storage at the off-site warehouse
- Assist with keg cleaning, stocking and maintenance as needed
- Assist with keg filling
- General brewery cleaning
- Other duties as required
- Experienced commercial driver (1+ years)
- Valid New York Driver’s License
- Clean Driving Record (subject to approval)
- Willingness to work early mornings
- Willingness to work late evenings/weekends (for special events)
- Independent, strong work ethic
- Forklift experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Distribution environment
- Flexibility with Schedule
- Ability to lift over 50lbs
- Walking and climbing steps and stairs on a frequent basis.
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying cases from floor to overhead on a frequent basis.
- Pushing and pulling two wheeled hand truck with cases and/or keg on level surfaces and up and/or down stairs on a frequent basis.
- Pushing and pulling pallet jacks with cases and/or barrels on level surfaces on an occasional basis.
- High School Diploma/ GED Required
- Computer skills
- Interest/experience in brewery work