Category Management Analyst
Bedrock AnalyticsApply for this Job
Bedrock Analytics Corporation, a VC-funded Bay Area software company, is seeking a talented category management analyst to join our team in our Oakland, CA HQ. The analyst will interact with CEOs, Sales and Marketing VPs, Directors of Analytics and other decision makers at our CPG customers. The main responsibilities of this role entails helping CPG customers structure their syndicated data, provide guidance on how best to pull data and provide analytical consulting services to key customers. Bedrock works with some of the most innovative brands in the consumer packaged goods industry across the world. Our software is used across more than 80 CPG product categories. Learn more at www.bedrockanalytics.com
- Collaborate with the sales and software teams to translate customer requirements into data requirements that work on the Bedrock platform.
- Create SPINS, IRI, or Nielsen syndicated data reports and import onto Bedrock Cloud-based software platform for consumer products clients.
- Maintain data integrity and maintenance of customer reports.
- Identify opportunities to improve customer onboarding process.
- Provide guidance to fast-growing disruptive consumer goods company's senior leadership
- Develop relationships with fast-growing, disruptive consumer products companies, focusing on both the main contact as well as senior leadership.
- Assist Customer Success Manager with training and on-boarding of new customers
- Strong logic, deductive reasoning, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to synthesize data & simplify findings to solve client business issues
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Able to work collaboratively with internal teams & external customers
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability to drive client outcomes
- Ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Takes high degree of ownership on work
- Passionate about technology
- Quality Control – Strong analytical aptitude and attention to detail
- Open mind to learn new software and skills
- Personable & cool under pressure
- Extremely proficient with Excel & PowerPoint
- Highly detailed oriented
Background and Technical Skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-5 years' experience
- Experience with syndicated data (SPINS, IRI, Nielsen)
- Experience with retail data portals (RetailLink, WholeFoods Portal, Market6, POL)
- Expert proficiency with retail analytics
- Willingness to travel 5% of the time
- You know the difference between a vlookup and an hlookup and can offset an array in Excel without breaking a sweat
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity option grants
- Medical, dental & vision coverage
- Modern office with rooftop view of Lake Merritt in Downtown Oakland
- Work with some of the most innovative CPGs in the world
- Close-knit team of CPG experts & technologists
- Being part of supercharging the CPG industry