VP of Sales
Goldthread HerbsApply for this Job
VP of Sales
The VP of Sales is a strategic, creative, results-oriented leader, who strategically and positively impacts brand equity, generates business sales and profitability, and evaluates new lucrative business opportunities. This position leads, supports and accelerates the sales and growth of our existing core products, while also developing and expanding on market opportunities. The VP of Sales will be a strategic leader with tactical ability, and can mix strategy and execution to drive initiatives that will position Goldthread Herbs as a leader in our markets, and create demand for our products and distribution services.
Ensure the continuous growth of Goldthread Herbs brands by maximizing all resources in support of current and future customers. Professionally boost organizational success through unparalleled sales execution, team development, effective communication, quality products, and exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for channels; projecting expected sales volumes and profit for existing and new products. Establish high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency in planning, forecasting and budgeting.
- Successfully implement national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors. Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition and supply chain.
- Maintain direct oversight and management of the sales team on a daily basis.
- Direct involvement in recruiting, selecting, orienting and training staff.
- Vigilantly being present in the community, with vendors and customers to strengthen the Goldthread Herbs’ brand and reputation. Expertly participating in promotions, events, sponsorships, community service and marketing programs to enhance and extend the Goldthread Herbs’ brands.
- Report weekly metrics and progress updates and discuss sales strategy with CEO.
- Prospect and close new top tier food and beverage retail markets to meet aggressive sales targets.
- Demonstrate ability and skills to multi task various projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide continuous footprint growth of regional chains through our distribution network KeHE, UNFI, etc.
- Develops and builds networks, with specific focus on closing DSD distribution opportunities.
- Perform day to day “hands on” prospecting and close key markets and national accounts.
- Deep understanding of sales strategies in the food and beverage industry and proven experience maintaining long-term B2B partnerships.
- Strong network of beverage industry sales and procurement professionals preferred.
- Effectively lead and motivate a growing sales team with a complex, operationally heavy process.
- Create sales-based incentives and best practices/process to properly scale the sales team.
- Oversee and manage the internal sales tools, including our Sales and CRM platform.
- Develop, forecast and achieve key business metrics to manage against revenue and profitability targets
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability are preferred.
- Bachelor Degree in business, e food science or appropriate equivalent from an accredited Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum 10 years senior sales experience in beverage and/or food service industry.
- B2B/SaaS sales experience with previous start-up experience.
- Experience calling on National Chains, Distributors and independently owned retailers.
- Demonstrated successful background in product sales, marketing and solutions.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing sales in relation to marketing strategies that consistently met or exceeded planned objectives including revenue goals.