National Accounts Manager
Malteurop North AmericaApply for this Job
Job Title: National Account Manager
Reports to: President, Malteurop North America
Malteurop is the world’s leading malt producer, with an annual capacity of over 2.2million tons. For over 50 years, we have been the largest grower-owned supplier to the beer industry spanning 14 countries and 27 production facilities. Malteurop is significantly expanding our business throughout the Americas and into the booming craft beer industry as the leader in “field to flavor” controlling all components of their supply chain with state of the art facilities.
The National Account Manager, under the directions of President North America, is responsible for the management and growth of key accounts and business development in our Commercial and Craft market segments by building long term strategic relationships and offerings. The NAM is responsible for developing and executing a strategy for key customers that will drive volume, growth, and maximize opportunities for the customer. The NAM will be responsible for growing profitability by building the market position, identifying growth opportunities and leading the development and delivery of new products to the customer and achieving growth goals
The NAM will develop and maintain key contacts in major accounts to ensure the maintenance of highly beneficial and long-term relationships to maximize current and future sales volumes and revenue. The NAM must demonstrate excellent coordination and facilitation of cross business initiatives, leadership through influence, effective resource management, follow-up, and communications skills. The NAM is the customer's advocate within MENA and serves as the primary point of contact.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to suit business needs and developments as required.
50% Account Management: create and execute commercial and craft strategy by account that defines the potential business available and details the process for capturing the business. This includes identification of key decision makers, products, pricing, technical support needs, and other resources required to close sales.
20% Business Development: translate customer needs, identify and close technical gaps in MENA offering that will distinguish value for customers in the commercial and craft segments. Effectively communicate value propositions with multiple functions, resulting in increased value for customer and MENA. Offer solutions to customer and influence customer to make purchase commitment based upon MENA distinctive value. Maintain appropriate margin contribution and adheres to pricing principles.
20% Relationship Management: Develop and maintain multi-level relationships to better understand customer objectives and provide relevant solutions. Create “C-Level” relationships to understand strategic needs of market segment and determine how to help the customer succeed. Promote the customers within MENA, and collaborate with internal partners to discover approach and solutions.
10% Metric Analytics: Develop and leverage understanding of targeted commercial and craft segment to drive understanding of customer issues and potential solutions, leading to becoming supplier of choice for key and strategic customers.
Education and Experience:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree with 3 to 5 years’ experience in Sales & Marketing, Business Administration or other related disciplines.
- Advanced Excel skills (including pivot tables and VBA Programming) are required along with excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. 10+ years’ experience in Food Production industry experience; Prefer Malting/Brewing experience, 7+ years of commercial or technical sales experience – sale or business development
- 5 Years - Managing Major Strategic Accounts in the malt or brewing industry.
- Strong communication/presentation and organization skills and ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to deal with conflict, complexity & ambiguity internally & externally
- Ability to develop & leverage deep customer knowledge & insights: builds trust & strong relationships with customers; shares customer knowledge and insights within MENA; creates a positive customer experience that sets MENA apart from our competitors
- Strong conceptual thinking and time management skills
- Leadership and initiative
- Strong negotiation skills
This position requires a high level of analysis with the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, as well as gather and analyze information skillfully and maintain confidentiality.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must perform each of the above functions
satisfactorily and in a timely manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Analytical Skills – High level ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Communication (Oral & Written) - Communicates effectively with others using a variety of methods and tools.
- Location- This position will be based in Milwaukee HQ.
Requires ability to perform basic math functions as well as compute rates, ratios, and percentages. The ability to use statistical functions is also required. Ability to perform general mathematical calculations, for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets etc.
Ability to read and write English correspondence on a professional level, ability to describe and discuss the above functions with employees, management, and customers, ability to correspond via e-mail, along with substantial experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
Spanish fluency is highly recommended.