Sales Representative - Atlanta
Wild Leap Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Wild Leap Brew Co. of LaGrange, GA is hiring a Field Sales Representative for the Atlanta market. The purpose of this position is to increase Wild Leap’s sales by building strong relationships with our distributor partners and key accounts, assisting in educating their staff and customers about our beers and culture. Gain an intimate and working knowledge of each wholesale partner’s organization including an open relationship with all members of the management and sales team. To increase brand presence, promote and foster brand loyalty and ensure product quality through key account calls. Represent Wild Leap Brew Co. in the retail trade as the first point of contact from the brewery. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales while maintaining an open working relationship with all levels of the Wild Leap team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company.
- Establish regular contact and build relationships with key decision makers at key accounts with a focus on “pull through” not “force in” sales technique.
- Conduct sales calls to on and off premise retailers with distributor level personnel, securing sales through new placements.
- Attend weekly sales meetings at Wild Leap Brew Co. in LaGrange.
- Establish an action plan prior to visiting market, utilizing sales reps, VIP information and appropriate collateral/sales materials.
- Explain in detail, the company’s history, community involvement, beer portfolio and short- and long-term vision.
- Provide distributor partners and key accounts with sales sheets, technical assistance and sales training and education.
- Assist all distributor partners in promoting sales of the products, beer launches, seasonal and brewery initiatives, helping build consumer acceptance of the products.
- Ensure premium position on all Wild Leap Brewing products.
- Manage distributor partner activity, including, but not limited to, program development and implementation, monthly and quarterly sales meetings, and promotional calendar development and execution.
- Coordinate planned sales and staff tastings/training.
- Conduct promotions at bars and restaurants, samplings at retails stores and brewery visits for retailer.
- Manage each event from beginning to end, in terms of support, manpower, etc. ensuring Wild Leap the best possible image to the consumer.
- Manage all distributor partners’ POS inventory on a monthly basis.
- Ensure proper use of available legal point of sales items throughout territory.
- Perform ongoing quality control of beer outside of brewery. The ability to spot poor beer rotation, dated or damaged product, proper line cleaning protocols, and evaluation of overall draft system performance is crucial.
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules. Frequent travel, weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
- The ability to drive a motor vehicle to and from accounts continuously.
- Complete and submit weekly and monthly market visit recaps and reports, quarterly goals and expense reports.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – self-motivated.
- High level of craft beer product knowledge.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills.
- Iron-clad reliability, and consistent follow-up required
- Able to stay focused and remain extremely productive while working in the field without direct supervision
- Thorough attention to detail and desire to take initiative
- Minimum two years of relative sales experience in the beer or related industry
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google G Suite (i.e., Forms, Drive, Sheets)
- Cicerone certified or the ability to do so
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed
- A valid drivers license with a clean driving record
- The capability to become TIPS certified
- A passion for craft beer
- The ability to lift/move 35 lb cases of beer and move/maneuver 165 lb kegs
- MUST reside in Atlanta area
Wild Leap Brew Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pre-employment drug screening, personality test, physical and background check are required.
Salary + commission and medical.