Accounts Payable Specialist
Fort Point Beer CompanyApply for Job
Proud to be named one of the fastest growing private companies in the Bay Area in 2017, Fort Point Beer is shaking up the Bay Area beverage scene one 6-pack at a time. We are looking for a skilled accounting professional who will be efficient with detail management, accounting and administration, while also providing seamless, friendly communication to Vendors on behalf of the brewery. If you speak the language of numbers and analytics, we want you to join our team!
The AP Specialist position will report to the Controller and will be hands on with both external vendors and internal partners. The primary responsibilities for this role will be performing a variety of accounting tasks related to the maintenance and processing of payable account records and invoices for Fort Point’s various vendors.
- Work with Directors and Managers to verify and process AP invoices
- Process employee reimbursements
- Reconcile all bank accounts weekly
- Compile weekly AP aging report
- Check Vendor statements for accuracy
- Communicate with vendors to resolve account discrepancies, apply credits, and resolve payment issues.
- Process new Vendor applications
- Process credit applications
- Verify transactions comply with financial policies and procedures established by Fort Point.
- Assist with routing of incoming phone calls, voicemails and emails.
- Assist with purchasing
- Assist with 1099 preparation
- Assist with month end closing and financial reporting
- Experience reviewing documents for accuracy, completeness, validity, and adherence to established standards
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application.
- Advanced Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Apple computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Reliable, responsible and proactive attitude
- Highly motivated and works well both independently and in a team environment
- Flexible and adaptable to change; ability to learn new software platforms
- Ability to follow and communicate the company’s policies and procedures
- Supports our mission, vision and values
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least two years of comparable experience
- ERP experience preferred.
- CPG manufacturing accounting experience
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities within deadlines is required
- Experience managing system implementations
- Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Health Care: 100% Employer contribution to Kaiser Silver plan and 50% for Dependents
- Supplementary: Eligible for Dental, Vision, and Life group plan
- Commuter pre-tax benefits
- FSA pre-tax benefits
- Discounted Planet Granite or other Gym membership
- Beer and Food benefits