Dry Dock Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Dry Dock Brewing Company, located in Aurora, CO, is seeking a full time Event Coordinator. Dry Dock is a growing company which operates two separate breweries, a 7 BBL tasting room (South Dock) and a 40 BBL production facility (North Dock). Additionally, there is a second tasting room (Canoe Room) at North Dock. Dry Dock’s sister company is The Brew Hut, a homebrew supply shop, that is located adjacent to the South Dock tasting room. Dry Dock is a regional brewery and produced over 20,000 BBL in 2017.
This position will be responsible for coordinating and implementing events that support the growth and engagement objectives surrounding our Tasting Rooms. This includes facilitating communication between internal key stakeholders and external vendors, managing a calendar of events, and adhering to profitability objectives. Additionally, this position will be responsible for events outside of the tasting rooms that are not associated with a retail partner. This position reports to the Tap Room Manager but will work closely with the Director of Sales and Marketing. The position has no direct reports.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the team in brainstorming, developing, organizing and executing brewery-hosted events at South Dock or the Canoe Room.
- Chair the Events Committee.
- Coordinate all details of events with outside vendors for internal special events, live music, trivia and other events at tasting rooms in conjunction with sister company, The Brew Hut.
- Responsible for idea generation for new events to drive retail business at the tasting rooms.
- Develop budget for requested expenses for events.
- Collaborate with other departments and sister company to maximize creativity for events.
- Lead the charge in continuing to make the events fun, dynamic, and profitable.
- Maintain event Google calendars and facilitate all event-related internal communication between departments.
- Work with Marketing Team to ensure all event merchandise is stocked and timely.
- Facilitate additional needs to complete the event such as glassware, chairs, and tables.
- Manage, monitor and attend each event and assist with clean-up.
- Be the point of contact for all festival and event related correspondence for non-retailer festivals that Ownership and the Director of Sales and Marketing have agreed to participate in. Such events include those organized by the Brewers Association, Colorado Brewers Guild, City of Aurora, Big Beers, and others.
- Coordinate the scheduling of food trucks at the tasting rooms.
- Maintain a clean and attractive festival setup at all times. Carefully store all festival gear and equipment in an organized manner at the brewery when not in use.
- Ensure that all festival servers are trained on properly serving alcohol per the State of Colorado Liquor Enforcement Division.
- Work with Director of Sales and Marketing and Tap Room Manager to decide which beers should be poured at events and festivals based on availability and seasonal demand.
- Work with Supply Chain Coordinator to ensure that product is available and accounted for inventory purposes.
- Ensure that proper permitting process is complete before participating in the festival or event.
- Coordinate with management to adequately staff festivals and events.
- Event follow-up and monthly reporting; event analysis of participation and quality of events including profitability analysis. Complete After Action Notes for each internal and external event.
- Ensure safety of guests and coworkers; follow and understand safety protocol.
- Appropriately cross promotes events for sister company.
- Actively follows Dry Dock and The Brew Hut on social media.
- Provides Marketing Team all relevant information regarding internal and external events for newsletters, calendars and tap room marketing materials.
- Provides guided tours upon request by manager or Owner.
- Maintains a clean and presentable appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred education, requirements and experience:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- 2 years relevant experience in event planning preferred.
- Proficiency with Google and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Strong organizational administrative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including professional email etiquette.
- Is generally happy and can have fun, even on high stress and demanding days.
- Has a passion and enthusiasm for quality craft beer.
- Can work in a team environment as a leader and problem solver.
- Is capable of drawing on past experience to provide valuable input in a rapidly growing brewery.
- Ability to work at a fast pace, in high pressure situations, while maintaining professionalism and composure.
- Flexible in schedule and adaptive to change.
- Need to be self-motivated.
- Ability to multitask and manage time while being detail oriented.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to work onsite and work nights and weekends.
Salary and Benefits:
Dry Dock offers a competitive salary, health care, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401k, life insurance and paid vacation.
Dry Dock Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.
Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with title “Event Coordinator” in subject line. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. The position will close on March 2, 2018.