Director Of Sales
Good SeedApply for this Job
About The Position
Good Seed is a chef driven company that is on a mission to help consumers achieve wellness through the power of nutrient dense plant-based foods. We are passionate about food and nutrition and combine high integrity ingredients with unique flavor profiles that excite the modern palate.
Good Seed is an innovative brand that is rapidly gaining a national footprint and is positioned for fast growth in the coming years. We are looking for passionate driven individuals to join our team!
We are seeking a high performing Sales Director that brings significant ambition and the desire to join a winning team. This candidate will provide leadership in sales, promotions, and broker management. The ideal candidate will work with regional and national retailers, brokers, and distributor partners to cultivate relationships with key decision makers and achieve sales objectives. The Sales Director will effectively execute the Good Seed brand plan for each customer.
Responsibilities include overseeing & directing our broker network, creating successful promotional plans, forecasting, working closely with large retail customers, expanding distribution & prospecting new major retail accounts.
Candidate must have a strong track record of success in building emerging companies, be able to work in a team environment, be passionate about meeting multiple objectives, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up work environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Call on multiple channels including natural, conventional, food service and specialty.
- Drive sales and velocity in current footprint.
- Expand sales in new regions at major retailers.
- Ability to articulate the category opportunities and distinct aspects of products and position them against competitors through proposals and excellent presentation skills.
- Organize and maintain a thorough list of key accounts.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve/exceed sales targets and to expand the company’s customer base through new and expanded distribution opportunities.
- Run regular broker meetings to provide updates and gain insight into regional division.
- Responsible for training & managing brokers and salespeople on sales presentations, product specs, pricing and terms.
- Work with team to set periodic sales goals.
- Participate in strategic planning, forecasting and trade spend management.
- Analyze data to maximize sales in current accounts using key marketing resources and retail execution at store level.
- Improve execution of: distribution, promotional plans, forecasts and channel strategies.
- Comprehend category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts.
- Complete and assist in account paperwork.
- Work to help coordinate, as well as participate, in trade shows and events.
- Build seamless communication internally with Finance to track and manage promotional spending and accrual funds to maximize return on investment.
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 5-10 years of sales management experience with fast growth natural products company and proven track record of success.
- Belief in Good Seed products, mission, and future plans.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, system creation and implementation and follow-up skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Key leaderships characteristics: drive for results, collaborative, flexible, strong communication and listening skills. Leader who thrives in a team atmosphere and is a solid motivator.
- Innovative and creative in approaching accounts and expanding business.
- Experience building and implementing systems across the sales team.
- Relationships with brokers, retailers, and distributors in major channels.
- Build seamless communication internally with Finance to track and manage promotional spending and accrual.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume to our hiring team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.