Petoskey Brewing Company, Petoskey, MichiganApply for this Job
Petoskey Brewing is a fast-growing micro-brewery that began producing beer in September of 2012. Our long-term goal is to remain a highly-regarded, nimble, state-wide player with a focus on quality, hand-crafted brews. We serve beer out of our brewery Tap Room and distribute throughout Michigan in both keg and 16 oz. can format. All brewing and packaging is completed on premise.
Located on the shore of Lake Michigan, Petoskey is a year-round outdoorsman’s and sportsman’s paradise. The Petoskey/Harbor Springs area became a popular summer resort destination in the late 1800’s and continues to draw vacationers of all ages today. The area boasts the best sailing, fishing, golfing and cycling in the mid-west during summer months and incredible skiing, hunting and snow-sports in the winter.
Our brewery and retail Tap Room is located in a historic four-story brick building that was built as a brewery in 1898 and produced beer under the Petoskey Brewing label until prohibition shut down the operation.
This position is responsible for oversight of our brewing operation and includes scheduling of our brewery staff, recipe formulation, shift brewing on our 20 barrel and 4 barrel brew houses, yeast handling and pitching, filtration, racking, packaging and cleaning of equipment.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a hands-on, small production brewery setting. Necessary skills include the ability to operate in any position within the brewery, strong organizational and communication skills and the mind-set to understand the big picture.
Skills and attributes of the candidate will include:
• 2+ years professional brewing experience as Head Brewer in a micro-brewery.
• Industry education is preferred but not required. (Davis, Siebel, Guild).
• Proven brewery knowledge including chemistry and biology.
• Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills.
• Multitasking and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literacy
• Self-motivation as well as the ability to work efficiently as part of a team
• Ability to lead, manage, motivate and inspire
• Willingness to act as a brand ambassador
• Flexibility (shift work, night shifts, weekends)
• Physical strength, flexibility and stamina required. (Must pass a pre-hire physical exam)
Email cover sheet and resume to email@example.com