Braven Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Braven Brewing Company, based in historic Bushwick, Brooklyn, celebrates the Bold & Crafty. Artists. Creatives. Entrepreneurs. Risk-Takers. Believers. Braven's vision is to inspire creativity and independence with every sip.
By brewing crisp, perfectly balanced ales and lagers that are ideal for Movers and Shakers, Braven is helping revive Brooklyn as one of America's top brewing communities.
Since brewing our first batch of White IPA in December 2014, our beers have been sold in nearly 3,000 locations throughout New York City, Long Island, and Westchester, Dutchess, and Rockland Counties. We are exploring expansion into new territories by the end of 2018 as well.
Braven is in the process of opening our flagship brewpub at 52 Harrison Place in Bushwick, Brooklyn. The 60 seat restaurant and 3.5 BBL electric brewhouse allows us maximum flexibility for beer style creativity and food pairing innovation. We are looking for a full-time Head Brewer to helm the brewing operation and steer the direction of Braven Brewing Company’s beers for the foreseeable future.
We celebrate the Bold & Crafty and would love if our Head Brewer has other creative outlets in addition to brewing. Rockstar brewer? Metal sculptor brewer? Poet brewer? Woodworker brewer? Perfect! Being based in Brooklyn, we’re committed to hiring a team that reflects our community. We encourage brewers from all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the Braven Brewing Company brewing operations, including a 3.5 BBL Agile Stainless Brewhouse, Fermenters and Brite Tanks
- Working with and occasionally traveling to our partner brewery, Ipswich Brewing Company, to brew batches on a 60 BBL brewhouse.
- Developing and executing Standard Operating Procedures, Safety Standards, and Quality Control programs.
- Collaborating with owners to drive the creative process by designing unique and inspiring new beers while fine-tuning and improving existing beers.
- Managing production planning, forecasting, raw ingredient inventories, and production reporting.
- Serving as a point of contact and brand advocate to media, customers, suppliers, beer trade publications, and other breweries.
- Ability to appreciate beer without personal abuse-related problems.
Knowledge, skill and experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years as a Head Brewer or Assistant Brewer, preferably with a degree or certification in brewing science and technology.
- Collaborative spirit and ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong mechanical ability and operational understanding of all brewhouse processes.
- Should have Inventory and Operations management experience
- A desire to teach others about beer and the Braven brand
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a willingness to take on new challenges
Competitive salary and other incentives based on experience.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.For more information please visit www.bravenbrewing.com.