Northern California Sales Representative (Alameda, CA)
Almanac Beer Co.Apply for this Job
As the frontline sales liaison between our customers (wholesalers/retailers) and Almanac, this position is responsible for the generation, oversight, execution and management of all sales related efforts in a given territory. Competitive salary, bonus, car allowance, medical/dental, and other benefits are available. MINIMUM 1-2+ YEARS CRAFT BEER SUPPLIER SALES REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
LOCATION: This position will report out of our brewery in Alameda, CA.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversight and maintenance of existing customer relationships as well as the development of new relationships
- Work with local distributors to increase brand awareness and achieve sales goals
- Plan and execute on-premise promotions as required (note: evenings; weekend festivals)
- Manage allocations and forecast orders
- Execute overall sales strategy and achieve sales goals
- Monitor the effectiveness of sales programs/incentives; arranging and chairing meetings as needed.
- Maintaining familiarity with and keeping up with changes in the competitive landscape (ie, food and beer trends), products, business culture and competition
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA degree in business development or other relevant field
- 1-2+ years of craft beer supplier sales representative experience
- Ability to take initiative and work with a limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to speak in front of large groups, conduct trainings/promotions
- Strong sense of urgency and proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals
- Knowledge of and passion for craft beer and the brewing industry
- Cicerone or equivalent training a plus
- Must have a personal vehicle that is in good working condition.
- Must provide proof of valid State registration and automobile insurance.
- Must provide proof of a clean driving record.
- Ability to lift 30-100 lb cases and kegs of beer with regularity
Qualified applicants please send a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please include how you take your coffee. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Almanac is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.