Clover Sonoma Dairy ManufacturingApply for Job
Clover Stornetta Farms, dba Clover Sonoma located in Petaluma CA (Sonoma County) has great opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager. The QA Manager will lead the development, implementation, and management of quality and food safety systems designed to ensure production of fluid milk products (consistent with established standards, customer specifications and regulatory requirements). The QA Manager supervises a team of Quality Assurance Technicians.
- Oversee the food safety and quality systems to ensure compliance with established specifications and State and Federal Regulations.
- Maintain the facility’s SQF Level 3 certification as the SQF Practitioner on site
- Develop curriculum and train personnel on food safety and quality issues including but not limited to: SQF, HACCP, GMP’s, Good Documentation Practices, SOP’s and SSOP’s.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Supervise employees engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high adherence to quality standards and high technical integrity. Update inspection procedures as necessary
- Serve as liaison for raw material and packaging vendors as well as State and Federal agencies
- Develop and analyze statistical data to validate standards and to establish quality of finished products.
- Work in conjunction with other departments during the development and commercialization of new products or modified production processes to ensure product quality and safety standards are met
- Lead the facility teams in problem solving efforts and root cause analysis and implement preventative actions
- Manage product holds, investigate and evaluate product non-conformances
- Partner with Maintenance, Production, and Sanitation departments to actively drive quality and food safety related continuous improvement efforts
- Manage competing demands and maintain flexibility in order to deal with change or unexpected events
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail with the ability to demonstrate sound and accurate judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide ongoing feedback through direct communication and performance reviews
- Goal oriented, self-starting and able to organize multiple projects
- B.S. degree in food science, biology, chemistry or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory/management role required.
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures.
- Experienced in SQF or other GFSI standard
- Knowledge of dairy manufacturing and regulations a plus
- Computer skills, Microsoft, ERP systems