Brewery Lead Packaging Tech // Full Time 2nd Shift
BuchiApply for this Job
The ideal candidate for this position will be physically strong, have an aptitude for calm problem solving under pressure, have a strong mechanical background with equipment repair and be adept at leading a team. Direct experience with bottling lines preferred. We are a kombucha brewery located just outside of Asheville, NC and are scaling rapidly to meet sales demand. We are looking for self motivated long term team members that are hard working, team oriented, problem solvers that have a passion for making a difference in the world and living life it to its fullest.
This role is the Lead Technician on our packaging lines and will ensure all mechanics and people are functioning at optimum capacity through a strong attention to operational detail during the production process. As lead member of the packaging team, this person will work with the Packaging Manager to ensure production quota are met on time while meeting all safety and quality standards. Additionally, you will work with the Maintenance Tech to ensure all bottling equipment is serviced and maintained as needed. This is a permanent full-time position. You will report to the Packaging Manager.
- Lead the set up, breakdown and cleaning of the bottling line on packing days. Arrive early as needed on packaging days to make sure line is sanitized and ready to go when PT packaging crew arrives.
- Maintain and work on various stations on the bottling and kegging lines.
- Ensure that product being handled meets standards of quality (caps fastened appropriately, liquid level appropriate, labels level, boxes secure)
- Do quality checks of the above items every pallet and stop the line if quality control problems are noted.
- Guide line workers in respect to relevant packaging tasks and problem solving
- Troubleshoot problems with packaging equipment. Communicate with Maintenance Tech to ensure proper back stock of parts are kept in house.
- Ensure packaging team is completing and filling out appropriate checklists
- Train new employees on packaging line and provide constructive feedback as needed
- Perform or assign regular preventative maintenance of packaging equipment.
- Keep accurate and timely data on packaging in appropriate format
- Ensure GMP standards are followed and packaging area is clean and tidy at the end of every packaging day.
- Follow appropriate SOPs for packaging and update as needed.
- Guide packaging team with breaks and lunch i.e. when to stop and when to be back, etc.
- Assure finished product is placed in cooler in organized way according to Distribution Managers protocol.
- Fill in for other co-workers as needed.
- Assist in developing positive, collaborative working environment.
- Miscellaneous and Cleaning - Thorough deep cleaning or special projects may be deemed necessary on an as needed basis
Responsibilities/tasks may be added/shifted as company needs. We value flexibility and a can do attitude.
Food Safety and Quality responsibilities:
- Follow cGMP policy when going into production
- Understand basics of Pest Control and inform Quality Control when there is a sighting.
- Is aware of food defense / visitor policy and will assist with making sure all visitors are accompanied by an employee at all times.
- Has a thorough understanding of Allergen Management policy and follows appropriate procedures.
- Ensures all cleaning and sanitation policies and procedures are followed per SQF.
- Is aware of Management's Commitment to SQF and will work towards Food Safety and Quality and helps company meet this commitment.
- If there is a problem that involves food quality and safety, the CAPA log is filled out, the situation is investigated, and resolved with the goal of continual improvement of food quality and safety.
- Minimum 2 year related experience in a manufacturing facility
- Minimum 2 years team leadership experience
- Experience with production brewery equipment is preferred
- Boundless energy for problem solving mechanical issues
- Attention to detail
- High standard of cleanliness
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and perform repetitive tasks
- Awareness of good body mechanics when lifting or performing repetitive tasks
- Positive and team oriented attitude
- Good communication skills and ability to provide training and constructive feedback
- Basic computer competencies and spreadsheet skills.
- Heightened awareness of safety precautions and hazards for self and others
- Able to follow all SQF policies and procedures
- Proficiency with pallet jacks and fork lift
Hours and Compensation:
- This position is Hourly Non-Exempt
- 35+ hours per week - some overtime may be required during peak season
- Hiring for 2nd shift average 8-10 hr/day
- Compensation TBD based on experience
- Eligible for Health Insurance Coverage after 90 days.
- 5 days PTO/year to start
Buchi Kombucha is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.