Regional Sales Manager – Midwest/Eastern USA
DeeBee's OrganicsApply for this Job
Regional Sales Manager – Midwest/Eastern USA
REPORTS TO: CEO
START DATE: April 2018
Based in: Chicago/Detroit/New York/Boston/ Philidelphia or similar hub in region
ABOUT DEEBEES ORGANICS: DeeBee’s Organics crafts the best-tasting organic treats from pure & simple ingredients. Founded by Dr Dionne Baker, a PhD maternal-fetal toxicologist whose research into the effects of environmental toxins lead her on a mission to create a line of wholesome, organic treats that taste like pure joy. DeeBee’s products are available across Natural, Conventional & Club channels, and sold in key retailers such as: Whole Foods, Loblaws, Sobeys/Safeway, Walmart, Costco, HEB, Fiesta, United Markets and more. We are a family-owned & operated company, and a certified ‘B’ Corp – committed to using business as a force for good in the world!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Eastern Sales Manager is responsible for growing & managing sales at current and new retailers in Midwest & Eastern USA. This position is tasked with developing & implementing our sales strategy in these regions. Responsibilities include engaging and managing our broker & regional sales manager network, working closely with other regional sales reps, creating successful promotional plans, forecasting, working closely with large retail customers, expanding distribution & prospecting new major retail accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct our regional sales program, with accountability for managing DeeBee’s brokers and working collaboratively with internal sales team
- Foster sustainable, long term, relationships with our retailer partners, representing DeeBee’s at the highest level to buyers & key retailer stakeholders
- Expand sales into new retailers
- Grow our footprint of regional chains through our distribution network: KeHE, UNFI, etc.
- Responsible for training & managing brokers on sales presentations, product specs, pricing and terms
- Improve execution of: distribution, promotional plans, forecasts and channel strategies
- Run regular broker meetings to provide updates and gain insight into regional divisions
- Work with the DeeBee’s team to build a seamless connection internally with Finance to track and manage promotional spending and accrual funds to maximize return on investment; drives profitable volume for trade spend levels
- Assure a high level of customer service by ensuring customer concerns are followed-up in a proactive manner
- Work to help coordinate, as well as participate, in trade shows (ex: Expo West, Fancy Foods Show, CHFA, selling shows and distributor shows)
- The regional sales manager candidate should be nimble and creative, with the passionate energy of an out-of-the-box entrepreneur. They must have 3 to 5 years of industry-relevant experience, potentially as a grocery buyer, a broker, a sales rep or distributor rep or have had other relevant industry experience. The candidate must have strong critical thinking ability and management follow-through. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with a high level of comfort working remotely but collaboratively as part of a sales team. They will be young-at-heart, possibility-minded & take a personal interest body/mind health & wellness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years of experience in grocery, natural/specialty food or consumer packaged goods industries.
- Exceptional self-starter, with history of executing high-performing sales programs
- Proven track record of success selling food and/or beverage products into or for major retailers and channels
- Existing relationships with brokers, retailers, and distributors in major channels a plus
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Passionate and results oriented individual who demonstrates persistence & creativity in the face of obstacles – Must have strong critical thinking ability.
- Excellent team-building, interpersonal, listening, and communication skills (both verbal and written) with a start-up company mentality of “no job too small”
- Working knowledge of financials used in the sales process such as costing, margin, profitability, promotional spending, and allowances
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize business needs
- Adaptable individual who can complete daily procedures and responsibilities without direct supervision
- Must be able to travel (may be up to 4 days per week, once/month), often requiring air travel
Salary: 45-65k annually