Hemly CiderApply for this Job
Who We Are:
Hemly Cider is an estate grown craft cider company located 20 miles south of Sacramento on the California Delta. We are a sixth generation family run orchard and packing shed. Although we grow a variety of fruit, our passion is for pears, the most human of fruit. In 2015 we launched our first hard cider with our first labels being pear cider. Our focus has been to create a cider that makes the fruit the star. In search of the worlds best cider we traveled through England and France until we lucked into a cider we loved in Tasmania. In 2013 we teamed up with a Tasmanian whiskey and cider maker and developed Hemly Cidery: A California estate grown, unfiltered, oak aged pear cider. The past few years we have focused on perfecting our process and recipes. Today we are looking to grow our market. We are uniquely positioned in several aspects, an authentic story with over 165 years of farming in the California delta "peared" with access to some of the worlds best fruit in quantities that do not outstrip the current demand for cider in California. We are looking for someone special to step in and assist this team of farmers and cider makers to tell our story, and market our brand!
For more information our Cider:
For the family orchard: www.greeneandhemly.com
The following are examples of responsibilities that the Marketing Manager will have:
- The development and execution of the annual and long-term strategic plans
- Manage annual sales forecasts and planning by channel, including inventory management and trend analysis
- Manage all packaging development and execution
- Regular presentations to sales, senior management, and ownership to secure approval for large and small initiatives
- Align with sales and deliver against key opportunities
- Create, manage and maintain key strategic partnerships
- Manage all strategy and planning with support teams for in-market activity including cidermaker and spokesperson market work
- Travel to events and markets as needed
- Wholesale customer database management and communication
- Analyze trends and recommend changes in courses of action where necessary
- Communication with sales regarding program elements
- Establish and manage relationships/programs with trade organizations
- Reinforce selling messages & brand strategies between various departments: Mid and long-term volume planning to ensure accurate production volumes, liaising with cidermaking and General Managers
- Liaise with sales as needed to manage effective execution of brand initiatives and develop strategies and ideas for programs, materials, email blasts, events, etc.
- Manage and grow business presence across social media channels.
- Establish/Re-establish social brand strategy including tone of voice, look and feel, and target audience.
- Develop on-going content calendars and manage develop of content across all social media channels.
- Provide progress reports and insights, while continuing to find ways to improve on metrics through new initiatives, content ideas, and growth strategies. Stay current on social media trends, 3rd party tools and best practices.
- College degree (marketing or related field strongly preferred)
- 2-5 years minimum previous cider, wine, or craft beer marketing experience
- Strong and consistent track record of successful brand growth
- Strong cider or wine knowledge and appreciation
- Team leadership experience a plus
- Previous P&L management experience
- Track record of creative program development and execution
- Understanding of the 3-tiered distribution system
- Understanding of the cider or craft beer market
- Ability to host cider events, and educational programs to a dynamic range of audiences.
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to interpret market data (internal sales, demographics, consumer attitudes, usage occasions) recognizing marketplace opportunities.
- Advanced understanding of various pricing strategies across multiple markets and channels
- Advanced presentation development and delivery experience
- Strong writing and editing
- Working knowledge and real-world experience in planning, managing and executing social media initiatives
- Experience with photo or video editing applications
- Time management & prioritization
- Strong understanding of cider or wine production & appreciation, preferred
- Strong understanding of product engineering (COGS, etc.)
- Basic understanding of social networking
- Basic program understanding (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc.)
Pre-requisite Core Competencies
- Business acumen
- Ability to work well in teams
- Strong sense of urgency
- Drive for results
- Sophisticated and elegant presentation style
- Managing vision and purpose
- Strategic agility
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong communication skills
- Time management
- Trust & integrity
- Personal accountability for success
Additional Core Skills & Competencies to be Practiced in Role
- Enhancement of brand identity
- Brand re-positioning and renovation (where applicable)
- Advanced financial analysis and comprehension
- Advanced consumer marketing principles and theory
- Advertising and communications planning and creative development
- Re-enforced knowledge of ciders
Thank you for you time and interest in Hemly Cider! We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Hemly Cider Team