Ballast PointApply for this Job
Ballast Point Brewing holds itself to the highest Quality standards. We are looking for a bright, self-motivated individual with great work ethic and attention to detail to support and maintain our stellar Quality standards.
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Daily fermentation monitoring, including gravities, yeast cell counts/viability/vitality, VDK, acetaldehyde, GC-MS profiling, etc.
- Daily packaging quality analysis, including dissolved gases tracking, TPO, can seam analysis, fill level analysis
- Daily sensory analysis on all brands at different production stages
- Daily microbiology testing including sample collection, cell culture, filter plating, PCR, and DNA sequencing
- Coordination of sample collection and analysis for all testing methods, both for routine analysis as well as for troubleshooting/projects. Take appropriate action based on data collected.
- Analytical chemistry routine testing and method development, including ABV/SRM/IBU analysis, HPLC, GC, and GC/MS
- Regular, standardized reporting of data to relevant departments to drive improvements
- Maintain calibration and proper operation of lab equipment, ensure accuracy of and help develop SOPs
- Independently initiate and manage projects to improve quality/consistency and brewery processes
- Effectively work with other departments to identify and implement quality improvement efforts
- Help identify, troubleshoot, and document real-time quality issues in a fast-paced environment
- Follow SOP and practice all Brewery Safety Procedures – safely, efficiently, and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekends
The ideal candidate for this position would possess:
- College degree in Science (Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science) or Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
- Working brewing knowledge and/or certification from an accredited institution (IBD, UC Davis, etc.)
- QA/QC laboratory experience in an applicable field
- Works effectively both independently and as a team
- Is self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely strong project management skills with a propensity for enacting positive change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Loves to work hard and have fun!
If you or anyone you know (and would recommend) are interested, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.