The Cayman Islands Brewery LtdApply for this Job
The Cayman Islands Brewery, the only brewery on the Cayman Islands has 10 products in multiple SKU’s.
The Technical Manager provides leadership for optimal functioning and reliability of brewery assets and processes. Drives functional problem solving, innovations and process improvement of assets, processes, and technology. Provides support and expertise for asset management, machine availability, reliability and performance. Provides effective engineering support. Serves as a resource to ensure the long-term sustainability of equipment reliability. Ensures engineering integrity on equipment.
Provides leadership and manages a preventative maintenance team, as well as emergency fault finding and fixing capabilities. Coaches, develops and mentors his team as well as sourcing a list of out sourced specialists. Maintaining and improving equipment expertise capability and ownership. Develops and supports a culture of continuous improvement and innovation to support improved performance of brewery processes, assets, safety and quality.
Fulfill duties with all aspects of the brewery operations which include:
- Material Receiving
- Manage Inventory of Materials and Products
- Maintaining production related documentation
- Creates a team and environment to ensure equipment and process optimization
- Provides leadership and support for asset management strategy implementation
- Supports brewery safety, sustainability and environmental initiatives
- Runs an effective PM system
- Works with the production team to ensure standards and efficiencies are maintained
- Procurement of spare parts and other materials as required
- Identify savings, reduce waste and build an environment sustainability program
Carrying out any other reasonable duties as required.
- BS in Engineering or related technical degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree in Business Management, Project Management or Engineering preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years in an engineering/maintenance leadership/managerial position in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and practical experience of brewing and packaging processes preferred
Knowledge & Experience
- the ability to work logically and systematically, with good time management;
- problem-solving skills and the ability to think laterally whilst offering creative solutions;
- the ability to work with people at different levels;
- IT literacy and the ability to handle electronic data;
- flexibility and the ability to manage change;
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team;
- excellent communication skills;
- Strong mechanical skills
- Able to lift 55Lbs repeatedly and able to lift at least 160lbs
- A positive attitude to continued learning.
- Possess a strong enthusiasm towards brewing beer.
- Laboratory skills
- Understanding of asset care practices
- Understanding of maintenance-related systems
- Ability to apply root-cause and problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze technical data and recognize trends that adversely impact equipment reliability
- Ability to lead in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated ability to establish professional networks outside of brewery for benchmarking and current technology
- Strong planning and organizing skills
Salary – US$58,000 – US$75,000 Tax Free