Dry Dock BrewingApply for this Job
Dry Dock Brewing Company, located in Aurora, CO, is seeking a full time Packager. Dry Dock is a growing company which operates two separate breweries, a 7 BBL tasting room (South Dock) and a 40 BBL production facility (North Dock). Additionally, there is a second tasting room (Canoe Room) at North Dock. Dry Dock’s sister company is The Brew Hut, a homebrew supply shop, that is located adjacent to the South Dock tasting room. Dry Dock is a regional brewery and produced over 20,000 BBL in 2017.
Under the direction of the Director of Brewing Operations, the Packaging Manager will ensure that beer is packaged timely and ready for shipment while maintaining excellent product quality and using appropriate allocation of labor and mechanical resources. This is a mentally and physically intensive position that requires exceptional motivation and excellent professionalism in the face of a demanding and fast-paced production environment. They will be safety-minded, efficient, quality-focused, have a great work ethic, a positive attitude and be part of the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise packaging team members on shift.
- Create schedules, allocate labor, train and mentor packaging team members.
- Operate and maintain canning line, bottling line, and keg washer / filler equipment.
- Train all packaging staff on proper operations of packaging equipment and processes.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and assist in minor repairs.
- Design, implement, monitor, and refine schedules for equipment preventative maintenance.
- Implementation of safety standards and good manufacturing practices, including training employees and monitoring compliance.
- Ensuring product quality and following established procedures for releasing beer for packaging.
- Perform other critical quality control processes as assigned.
- Alert management to potential quality, safety or personnel concerns.
- Share responsibility with management for creating and nurturing a collaborative, effective, accountable team environment.
- Requires proper handling of hazardous materials and operation of complex machinery.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Associate Degree or higher in a mechanical field (or 5+ years of experience in highly mechanical position) preferred.
- Formal brewing education a plus.
- Minimum of 1 year prior experience in beverage packaging environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and cooperate with coworkers, Owners and management.
- Must have superior customer service and interpersonal relationship skills with special emphasis on problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently as well as strong team orientation and ability to work with diverse group of individuals.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Responds positively and quickly to voicemails, emails, vendor and customer concerns in a timely manner, both internally and externally.
- Treats all employees with dignity and respect; creates an environment where the entire team does the same.
- Demonstrated understanding of safety standards and protocols; safety minded.
- Customer centric disposition; professional and interactive.
- Strong project and time management, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
- Professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidential matters.
- Knowledge of business English and spelling.
- Ability to use computer, copier, printer, and multiple-line phone.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have reliable transportation, a clean driving record and the ability to operate a company owned motor vehicle.
- Ability to multitask and manage time while being detail oriented.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong mechanical background.
- Experience in forklift operation including training others.
- Ability to drive a delivery truck not requiring a CDL.
- Ability to work at a fast pace, in high pressure situations, while maintaining professionalism and composure.
- Flexible in schedule and adaptive to change.
- Need to be self-motivated.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Frequent walking, bending, twisting, kneeling, climbing, stooping, crawling and crouching.
- Must be able to correctly lift up to 50 lbs to shoulder height and push or pull up to 160 lbs.
- Use of ladders.
- Use hands, fingers to wrist and maintain fine digit manipulation and must be able to fully extend arms.
- Must be able to maintain adequate vision (with or without corrected lenses). Adequate peripheral vision is also necessary for safety purposes as are depth, distance, and ability to focus.
- In performance of job duties, employee is routinely required to communicate effectively with coworkers.
- Physical ability to handle pallets of inventory that weigh up to 2,100 lb. using a pallet jack.
- Must be able to work in hot, cold, wet, loud, and unpredictable environment.
- Must be able to work around steam, electricity, harsh chemicals, and solvents.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks in a production-line setting.
- This position may come into direct contact with hazardous materials such as chemicals, noise and equipment. Hazardous materials include CO2 as well as loud noises as part of the brewing process.
Salary and Benefits:
Dry Dock offers a competitive salary, health care, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401k, life insurance and paid vacation.
Dry Dock Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.
Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with title “Packaging Manager” in subject line. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. The position will close on March 23, 2018.