Area Sales Manager- Northeast
SweetWater Brewing CoApply for Job
Can be based out of: Baltimore, Philadelphia or Northern Virginia
The scope of your work performance responsibilities as Area Sales Manager will be as follows but not limited to:
Winning at Wholesaler Management –
- Oversee and lead trimester ABP Scorecard Performance and Planning Review process
- Oversee monthly business review and planning meetings
- Responsible for leading your Team to deliver against agreed upon performance measurables:
- Distribution / Depletions / in-Market execution / QA / POS standards / IMIA budget management and activation
- Oversee, ROI Analysis of Wholesalers incentives
- Oversee, provide direction on indexing comparative sales data to identify sales and distribution opportunities and set/track benchmarks for attainable distribution in all classes of trade.
- Training Team to achieve effective Wholesaler Management acumen
- Oversee strategic growth of core brands, Catch and Release seasonals and allocated one off series
Achieve in-Market Performance Standards –
- Drive Team to achieve agreed upon standards of execution against brand initiatives: Road Trippn’-420 Fest / Save Our Water / Stock Our Streams / local initiatives.
- Integrate with Field Marketing Director and Managers to plan and execute core marketing initiatives leverage opportunities to general market consumer conversion to SWB brands.
- Drive Team to achieve in-market activation and display execution during ads
- 95% during ads / 50% during TPR’s / 25% non-ad displays
- Conduct in-market work-withs to develop selling skill sets and survey in-market execution.
- Work with National Account Manager to integrate market specific On and Off-Premise programs.
- Work with New Market Business Development Director to facilitate launches of new markets.
- Oversee strategic growth of core brands and Catch and Release seasonals.
- Oversee strategic planning and launch of new products.
Coaching and Managing MDMs / Performance and Development –
- Develop multi-faceted strengths of each MDM by challenging them to exceed goals in both On and Off-Premise channels.
- Complete Performance and Development Review process every six months and provide clear, concise directional feedback to each individual with our goal being to identify strengths, developmental opportunities, and focus on these opportunities for improvement through leadership and in-market training.
Leadership of Wholesaler Management Teams –
- Training and conducting impactful / Wholesaler Team meetings, presentations, work-withs, ability to translate data
- Coaching / developing selling skills acumen of SWB brands
- Managing ability to grow entire portfolio / Smart Incentives
- Managing ability to properly develop new products
- Monitor Quality Assurance audit results (3/year per Wholesaler
Facilitate New Product Launches –
- Ensure proven business model launches are adhered to
- Attend / oversee new product launch kick-off meetings
- Monitor 30/60/90/120 day execution / distribution / sales goals
Budget Management / R.O.I. Discipline –
- Stay within quarterly/annual IMIA, T/E budgets statewide by Wholesaler and MDM
- Analyze R.O.I. / apply sound judgment to brand imagery
Administration Details –
- Completion of monthly admin tasks of work calendar, T&E report, VIP report analysis, weekly/monthly account visitation log, MDM incentives, etc.
- Provide Zone Sales Director a monthly recap (Monthly Business Performance Review process) of sales and distribution measurables against goals and identify cure plan strategies to close gaps.
- 5-7 years of experience in Wholesaler Management
- 3-5 years of experience managing a team to successful completion of goals
- College Degree from an Accredited University