Shopper Marketing Manager
Zuma ValleyApply for this Job
We are a fast growing private natural foods company, focusing on coconut and other fruit products.
We are looking for a Shopper Marketing Manager to join our exciting and rapidly growing food startup company. You will own and manage all marketing activities on our promotional calendar, including chargebacks, ad buying, and in-store demos with a focus on our brand and its presence in retail and foodservice. You will be the “brains” behind our channel marketing program, and draw upon our graphics team, field demo team, and other resources to implement your plans.
- Execute strategy to maintain and build premium position of our line of foods
- Work with sales staff and major retail accounts on specific promotional events.
- Develop trade advertising campaign and negotiate and purchase ad space.
- Lead development and execution end to end of shopper marketing related activities, in partnership with customers, distributors, and sales team.
- Develop and own promotional calendar for in-store demos in multiple regions; allocate demos to our field marketing team to carry out
- Conduct competitive analysis of category performance across retail channels
- Analyze marketing spend and sales data to determine effectiveness and ROI of promotional activities in order to optimize future spend
- Provide input on promotions for industry trade shows and sponsorships.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field marketing activity.
- Develop marketing materials including brochures and sales presentations.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Ensure client satisfaction levels.
- Support Management on new product launches.
- Build rapport and credibility with customers based on trust, expert counsel and responsiveness to client needs
- Passion for foods that are healthy, organic, whole, unprocessed, and low/no sugar
- Strong PowerPoint skills and good eye for graphic design. Graphic design software abilities a plus.
- Analytical mind to track sales and promotions success
- Excellent communicator with good problem solving skills.
- Ability to occasionally travel and integrate with existing sales staff and management.
- Minimum 2+ years experience in marketing or advertising for grocery, food, beverage, consumer goods, or similar product or, or in a professional services firm serving these channels
- Bachelors degree
- Self-driven and able to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
About Zuma Valley
Zuma Valley is a rapidly growing food startup based in Los Angeles. Our mission is to put Coconut in Everything™ as we continue create vegan, gluten-free, paleo friendly, keto friendly, and low glycemic food products. Our products give consumers the unprocessed and low carb foods they are looking for. Our team is passionate about our products and eager to share them with as many people as we can reach -- having started our distribution in Southern California, we are now available nationally making 2018 an exciting year.