Lord Hobo Brewing CoApply for this Job
About Lord Hobo Brewing Co.
Lord Hobo Brewing Company (LHBCo), located in Woburn, MA is one of the fastest growing craft breweries in the country. We are known for our world-class, New England-style beers, such as Boomsauce, Glorious, and Hobo Life.
We have huge ambitions and are investing in our building, equipment, and most-importantly our people to achieve those ambitions. If you are excited by the challenge of faced-paced growth, and your skills, experience, and career aspirations match the opportunity described below, we look forward to meeting you.
About the Events Coordinator Role:
Lord Hobo Brewing Co. (LHBCo) is hiring a full-time Events Coordinator based in Massachusetts who will be responsible for LHBCo’s participation in all national, local, and in-house events. The role of the Events Coordinator is to ensure that LHBCo is providing an innovative, professional, responsible, effective, and on-brand experience through events of all shapes and sizes.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research and evaluate new event opportunities based on business objectives and marketing goals in designated territories.
- Regularly review all current events to determine their ROI and renewal relevancy for maximum brand impact.
- Supports VP Marketing & Brand Marketing Director/Community Brand Director on LHBCo’s large scale, high profile events and sponsorships.
- Field incoming event requests and manage them in accordance to our existing events calendar.
- Creates and maintain all internal event tracking, calendars and logistics for proper in-house team communication.
- Assists VP Marketing and Brand Marketing Director/Community Brand Director on finalizing agreements and contracts, ensuring proper paperwork is in place.
- Manage the Events section of the LHBCo website as well as our internal calendar, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date.
- Execute events with set-up, POS placement, draft support, brand training, product management and event leadership.
- Creates and nurtures event relationships to cultivate additional event opportunities.
- Follow up with event staff/management to ensure expectations were delivered through recap process
- Collaborates with VP Marketing and Brand Marketing Director/Community Brand Director on full budget management and protocol of each project ensuring no overspend and all invoices paid with the correct internal process and time.
- Communicate with marketing, event promoter, distributor and sales to ensure team is aligned on details of event.
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing Director/Community Brand Director on the hiring, training and management of part-time event staff as needed.
- Ensure vehicle (if applicable), event equipment and supplies are routinely maintained.
- Researches and interacts with approved non-profit and community groups to develop deeply-rooted community partnerships.
- Manages territory specific legislation and logistics of all product based support.
- Serve as the primary Brand Ambassador on site for LHBCo branded events as needed.
- Aids in cultivating networks of pop culture creators and influencers that have connection to the LHBCo DNA (wondering if we should keep this private, so that other breweries who are trolling us aren’t completely aware of how we’re about to dominate)
Social Media/Content Support:
- Capture “in the moment” photo and video content to be amplified across digital channels.
- Occasionally support community management of Facebook pages, feeding into Events Section to promote ongoing activities.
- Shares culturally relevant opportunities for social media activations.
Event Coordinator qualifications:
At a minimum, the Event Coordinator must have the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of event coordination/management or related experience
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and execute multiple initiatives at once while cultivating and maintaining strong relationships in and outside of the organization.
- Strong passion for LHBCo and knowledge of the craft beer business.
- Outgoing and high energy; enjoys high volume of public interaction; positive attitude and strong verbal communication skills.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to understand and collaborate effectively with event producers and vendors.
- Superb organization and problem-solving skills; works well under pressure.
- Awareness of trends in festivals (i.e. music, beer, food, art).
- Demonstrated negotiation experience and skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GSuite and MS Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Highly motivated and able to work a flexible schedule including holidays, evenings and weekends.
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of the brewing process and draft systems
- Experience serving and talking about craft beer
- Highly adaptable to different types of people, backgrounds and environments.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (8-10 hours)
- Ability to lift 35 Cases, and 165 lb. kegs and various point-of-sales boxes on a periodic basis. May drive long distances (up to 8 hours). Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend for long periods of time.
- Unusual / extensive hours: May be required to work long or unpredictable Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours. Must be available nights and weekend
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to travel, 10-15%. Mostly Northeast.
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience level. Our benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurances.
How to apply:
If you are ready to join the Lord Hobo team, email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Lord Hobo Brewing Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.