White Street Brewing Co.Apply for this Job
White Street Brewing Co is expanding and looking for an enthusiastic, qualified Full-time Production Brewer to join our award-winning team! This person will brew on our 30 bbl production brewhouse as well as on our 10 bbl taproom brewhouse. White Street Brewing has built a reputation for consistent, quality craftsmanship. The individual we seek values producing the highest quality beer and working as part of a high-performing team above all else.
Duties and Responsibilities: Brewers perform the following duties and responsibilities as per SOPs:
- Perform grain handling and milling
- Handle raw materials.
- Operate mash/lauter, boil kettle and whirlpool vessels.
- Maintain documentation as required by production, packaging and administrative teams.
- General brewhouse, cellar, and area cleaning.
- Assist in QA/QC program and conducting routine QC protocols.
- Monitor and manage fermentation, including taking and documenting daily readings.
- Perform vessel clean-in-place (CIP) procedures.
- Perform fining, lenticular filtration, tank transfers and temperature adjustments.
- Perform dry hopping.
- Carbonate finished beer.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues with the brewhouse, cellar, packaging and related equipment.
Additional responsibilities as assigned – White Street Brewing is a dynamic and growing company requiring each team member to occasionally perform tasks or shift work outside of their job description.
- Unwavering positive attitude and commitment to making the highest quality beer.
- Motivated, hard-working, and demonstrated ability to learn and follow standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Exceptional verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to efficiently manage competing priorities throughout the day while minimizing transition time between tasks.
- Ability to recognize and anticipate reaction to and perception of one’s own communications and the communications of others.
- Ability to learn and follow comprehensive hazard and safety programs.
- Ability to recognize maintenance issues.
- Working knowledge of raw materials, beer recipe design, and raw material performance throughout the brewing process.
- Ability to perform laboratory skills associated with milling and grain handling, cellar operations and wort production.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including day, swing or night shifts.
Required Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Professional training and certificate at a recognized institution with minimum of 1 years experience and/or a minimum of 2 years of experience in a production brewery or large brewpub.
- Comprehensive understanding of and experience operating, troubleshooting and resolving mechanical and other issues for standard production, cellaring, packaging and related equipment.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee in the position described to perform the position’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Those physical demands include:
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk and hear, and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds and move kegs which may weigh up to 165 pounds using traditional lifting methods.
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions, strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and work with various chemicals safely and per standardized operating procedures.
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts, to work in a moderate noise level using hearing protection, and to work in a cold environment.
Compensation and Benefits
White Street Brewing offers competitive wages consistent with experience level and qualifications. White Street Brewing offers paid time off, medical and dental insurance, free beer and plenty of fun.