Brand Ambassador / Regional Sales Activator
Solely, Inc.Apply for this Job
Solely Inc. is a subsidiary of an international holding company with over 700 employees worldwide. We are an innovative clean food company that is rethinking how food is developed, grown, sourced, processed and sold. Solely approaches each point in the product life cycle as a new problem to be solved, creating innovative methods of farming and production that result in revolutionary brands with a tangible difference.
Solely is a complete lifestyle concept rather than a single product and has plans to roll out a wide variety of items across multiple categories.
We are seeking a Regional Brand Ambassador / Sales Activator based in Southern California, who is passionate, conscious collaborator and who will help us meet and exceed our goals.
The ideal candidate will have a background in food & beverage or other consumer products and will give great importance to quality, origin, cleanliness and taste of the food she / he eats every day.
You will be the face of the brand in front of Southern California independent, specialty and natural food retailers, distributors and consumers, as well as at various field marketing events and sampling activations.
In this role, you will be responsible for opening the natural and specialty channel for the brand and for conducting and / or supervising mobile sampling and merchandising efforts for the company.
- Visit and sell to stores within your territory, spanning from San Diego to Fresno.
- Open new points of sale for the Solely brand, by presenting appropriate selling arguments to store / chain decision makers.
- Assist store managers in completing purchase orders and sending them to Solely HQ and / or distributors’ office, with the objective of maintaining a very high quality of sale and minimal out of stock situations.
- Coordinate in-store demos with store managers and demo personnel on schedules, product levels and demo guidelines.
- Create a unique customer experience to increase brand awareness and build customer loyalty, and ultimately drive in-store sales.
- Capture demo results by timely reporting on all pertinent information into the tracking system including gathering important insights and consumer feedback to present to company headquarters.
- Represent all Solely product lines across the entire portfolio, with a strong understanding of nutrition and key functions and benefits of ingredients.
- Maintain relationships with existing sales accounts through POS placement and store merchandising and other retail activations.
- Support marketing events relevant to the brand and to the region.
- Partner with like-minded companies in your region.
- Participate in strategic coordination and execution of sampling initiatives, reaching consumers where they live, play and shop.
- Build & Maintain Relationships. Seed and develop new relationships with market influencers, ultimately leading to increased brand visibility.
- Communicate success stories, key learnings, and other activities to supervisor.
- Amplify Solely initiatives through personal network and social media support.
- Engage and educate consumers through mobile occasion sampling.
- Spread the company culture.
- A background in customer service, which has strengthened your skills to provide a superior customer experience.
- An energetic and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Deep understanding of what it takes to execute a successful event.
- An executor of account based marketing strategies that align to revenue goals.
- Naturally outgoing and internally motivated in your personal and professional efforts.
- A relationship builder, excited by the opportunity to partner with our customers and consumers.
- A results oriented self-starter.
- Able to maintain direction and focus by leveraging organizational abilities and proactive planning.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize competing tasks.
- Willing to regularly work early mornings, evenings, and weekends based on company needs.
- 2 years of relevant experience in food / beverage products sales
- Events management, promotions, media or consumer products marketing a plus.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- The ability and willingness to transport Solely supplies in personal vehicle when needed.
- An existing network of relevant contacts, specifically within active lifestyle, culture and business.
- An understanding of both marketing & sales fundamentals.
- A deep-rooted understanding of the relevant marketing and surrounding area.
- Mastered the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively.
- Access to a computer for reporting sampling results, and are well versed in Microsoft PowerPoint & Excel.
- Access to a personal smart phone for schedule updates, photo capturing, and emails.
- The ability to lift heavy items including tents, tables, and boxes up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to be in contact with and handle food products that contain nuts or food products made in a facility that processes nuts.
Nice to Haves
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Solely is an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is promoted. We are an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.